Touring bike

The Things We Ride
daveuprite

Re: Touring bike

Post by daveuprite »

Looks beautiful, Bob, and we are now both members of the Red Italian Wheels Club, which is nice. The membership fee was a bit pricey, don't you think?

You'll have a lot of fun on that ST4, I'm sure. One of the few bikes that can get you from the UK to the Alps relatively sane and then enjoy the twisties once you're up there.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

daveuprite wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:03 pm Looks beautiful, Bob, and we are now both members of the Red Italian Wheels Club, which is nice. The membership fee was a bit pricey, don't you think?

You'll have a lot of fun on that ST4, I'm sure. One of the few bikes that can get you from the UK to the Alps relatively sane and then enjoy the twisties once you're up there.
Thanks Dave I'm very happy with it and it does look sweet :D :D
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

diggermanbob wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:06 pm
daveuprite wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:03 pm Looks beautiful, Bob, and we are now both members of the Red Italian Wheels Club, which is nice. The membership fee was a bit pricey, don't you think?

Thanks Dave I'm very happy with it and it does look sweet :D :D
Quick thing springs to mind from a mate who had one. Make sure the alternator bolt is always properly torqued up - it's important I think. Otherwise it's belts (easier than everyone thinks) and regular oil changes.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Just had new belts and service so shoul be good for a bit 👍
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Nice one Bob. Don't you love it when you buy a bike that comes with a fat receipt for all the stuff you would have had to do yourself? My MV came with a recent 800 euro bill for synchronised injectors, valve check, oil service, new pads and tyres. That's a summer of fun hopefully without doing much at all to it.

I really like that grey/red combo on the ST4S. Best colours for that bike I reckon. If it was a 916 you could just get a marker, scribble SENNA on the side of it, and double its value!

Return to “BIKES”