Richard Simpson Mark II

Enfield 650 Adv?

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Missed opportunity?

Not one thing or another IMHO.
blue bus

Re: Enfield 650 Adv?

Post by blue bus »

these have been rumoured to be coming for a few years i would trade my interceptor for one ,i really like my bike shame its been back to dealers 3 times twice on the back of a lorry. RE recovery first time 5hours wait second time 5hours fifty mins wait
Richard Simpson Mark II

Sorry to hear that...they generally seem to have a good rep and hold their value on the used market.

What was wrong with it?
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Blue Bus,

I understand that all of the major breakdown services are struggling to get to folk within a reasonable time. I recently waited 7.5 hours before being taxied home at 22:00 and then having to return the following day.

TTFN

Hugh.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

A rumour from a 'mate on the inside' :? Is that the inside of Royal Enfield or the inside of a pub?
I personally can't see where a 650 Himalayan/non Hamalayan/Interceptor scrambler will fit in to the UK market especially when the sector is on the verge of a Chinese tsunami of middleweight adventure bikes in the £5k-£6k price range. I agree the current Himalayan is low on power but I'm not sure adding a 650 engine along with the additional weight will make it more usable to it's current owners or that it will remain a low price niche market bike with the additional cost.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Richard Simpson Mark II

The way I look at it, RE could have made a 'street scrambler' version of the Interceptor...19 in front wheel and high pipes...like a 1971 BSA Firebird and/or recreated something along the lines of the original BMW R80GS...a big simple trail bike with an optional long-range tank.
WD471962@Spotlight-BSA-A6.jpg
[email protected] (56.46 KiB) Viewed 2123 times
The Interceptor even looks quite like the Firebird. The major change needed would be the exhaust. There's a sump plate already on the options list, the 'bars are OK. Just slightly longer suspension and the job's a good 'un.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i thought the intercepter was quite nice to ride .. i would think it would draw some touring types from the 650 class like the 650 vee strom versys type machines ..i guess it would be around 6k ..i think it will sell for sure ...
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I am sure it will sell but I certainly would not replace my current Himalayan with one. I have ridden the Interceptor and thought it was a great bike, for most riders it has more than adequate performance and will do want they want as well as a Bonnie that costs a lot more. Many riders I know already have an Interceptor and a Himmy so whether they will downsize to just one bike remains to be seen. UK Himalayan riders are currently queuing up to get one of the ‘performance’ camshafts on the market. These along with a couple of other mods apparently make the what it should have been without all the emissions gubbins and give a useful increase in torque and a slight increase in power. I am still waiting for mine but if everything I read is true there would be even less point in buying a 650 version.
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

Jak* wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:22 pm I am sure it will sell but I certainly would not replace my current Himalayan with one. I have ridden the Interceptor and thought it was a great bike, for most riders it has more than adequate performance and will do want they want as well as a Bonnie that costs a lot more. Many riders I know already have an Interceptor and a Himmy so whether they will downsize to just one bike remains to be seen. UK Himalayan riders are currently queuing up to get one of the ‘performance’ camshafts on the market. These along with a couple of other mods apparently make the what it should have been without all the emissions gubbins and give a useful increase in torque and a slight increase in power. I am still waiting for mine but if everything I read is true there would be even less point in buying a 650 version.
Thanks for the info - where Can I read about these improvements please?
Ta
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

Flipflop wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:13 pm
Jak* wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:22 pm I am sure it will sell but I certainly would not replace my current Himalayan with one. I have ridden the Interceptor and thought it was a great bike, for most riders it has more than adequate performance and will do want they want as well as a Bonnie that costs a lot more. Many riders I know already have an Interceptor and a Himmy so whether they will downsize to just one bike remains to be seen. UK Himalayan riders are currently queuing up to get one of the ‘performance’ camshafts on the market. These along with a couple of other mods apparently make the what it should have been without all the emissions gubbins and give a useful increase in torque and a slight increase in power. I am still waiting for mine but if everything I read is true there would be even less point in buying a 650 version.
Thanks for the info - where Can I read about these improvements please?
Ta
Just seen that Nathan the postman has posted up a YouTube video so I’ll watch that 👍

Return to “BIKES”