Triumph

The Things We Ride
lancashirelad

Triumph

Post by lancashirelad »

So Triumph are working on a range of motorcross & enduro bikes, I dread to think what the cost will be, I’ve had a few of the Hinckley Triumphs but their prices have gone through the roof?

https://fal.cn/3gSx4
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Triumph

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Hmmm...if they do it properly it could be good. If on the other hand they just copy existing best practice and then bring it to market a year later, they will forever be playing catch up.
KTM could certainly do with some non-KTM competition. I've never known so many disheartened (former) KTM fans. Beta is better...so they tell me!
petecam

Post by petecam »

I must admit I checked it wasn’t April when I read this.

It’s a surprising move into a small and crowded market place. That said maybe KTM need challenging.

Wonder if it’s full on Enduro tools or will the make something that would also make a nice trail bike.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

A good thing I hope. There's not enough variety in the enduro sector. Let's see what they come up with....
NeilM

Post by NeilM »

I was in a Triumph dealer yesterday afternoon when they told me about this.

According to the lady I was talking to she said that Triumph have said it is not good enough just to be in Enduro, "they intend to win", a bold statement.
petecam

Post by petecam »

Looking forward to seeing the 300cc 2 stroke triple :lol:
Toe

Post by Toe »

An interesting move for Triumph who are (or at least were) generally conservative on moving into markets outside of their norm. I do hope it's a success to bring some more competition to the market and not a flop like the last Euro attempt from BMW with the G450X.
Perhaps we'll even see a Triumph in the Dakar in a few years!

Seems like it won't be an electric only project either "Triumph factory race programme, and a commitment to top tier championship racing in both Motocross and Enduro series".

Some serious names behind the project though with Carmichael and Cervantes!
DRZ 400 Daytona 675 | BEL ESP FRA GBR
KHM IDN LAO MMR PHL THA VNM
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

With a competitive “pre65” Tiger Cub now costing £7K+ perhaps we’ll see a new Tiger Cub appear?
I saw a Triumph Bobber yesterday while I was out on the Fantic & it crossed my mind what they were thinking when they designed that, surely there’s not that many hipsters about?
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Maybe not 'oop north' but in Shoreditch, dhaling, there are millions of them. There's a beard-trimming shop and an edgy tattoo place on every corner.
Toe

Post by Toe »

lancashirelad wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:36 pm With a competitive “pre65” Tiger Cub now costing £7K+ perhaps we’ll see a new Tiger Cub appear?
I saw a Triumph Bobber yesterday while I was out on the Fantic & it crossed my mind what they were thinking when they designed that, surely there’s not that many hipsters about?
It would probably be a Tiger Cub in name only but I could see a road legal enduro being the modern equivalent.
Evidently they sell because Triumph have 9 individual "modern classic" models and as far as I can tell most brands are producing retro styled bikes too. Of which isn't the Caballero a retro styled scrambler? :lol:
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:46 pm Maybe not 'oop north' but in Shoreditch, dhaling, there are millions of them. There's a beard-trimming shop and an edgy tattoo place on every corner.
It's definitely not just in London!
DRZ 400 Daytona 675 | BEL ESP FRA GBR
KHM IDN LAO MMR PHL THA VNM

Return to “BIKES”