AJP PR7 Owners?

The Things We Ride
OB1

AJP PR7 Owners?

Post by OB1 »

I've been lusting after the AJP PR7 since I saw it at the NEC Bike Show a few years ago. On Wednesday last week, with 10 minutes of the workday left to waste, I just popped a search into the Bike section of the AutoTrader website and searched to see if there were any for sale... there was one... and it was only 8 miles away! So I popped down to see the owner on Thursday after work and, after a quick look around and height check (as I'm only 5'9"), I transferred the required cash and told him that I would collect on Sunday had other plans until then.

Anyhoo... long story short: this 2020 AJP PR7 with just 1,200 miles is now in my grubby mitts!
PR7.jpeg
PR7.jpeg (137.17 KiB) Viewed 4516 times
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
daveuprite

Re: AJP PR7 Owners?

Post by daveuprite »

Oooh, that's very nice. Off round the world you go then... :D
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

I'd love one , but still silly money here
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

I have one and it is now the bike i had hoped it would be after a few issues! do you have the standard one or power up version Ob1?
OB1

Post by OB1 »

dibbs wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:50 am do you have the standard one or power up version Ob1?

The bike I have is a standard version. I think that I will probably go for the PowerUp kit as it gives such a large increase in power for a relatively small outlay... and the standard exhaust pipe looks crap in comparison!

I have already had a couple of issues: the standard mirrors are useless so I've replaced them with a pair of folding mirrors off Amazon which I have used on several bikes before.

The second issue was the lithium battery. As the bike had not been used for a little while, it struggled to start when I originally viewed the bike and, during collection, the battery was too weak to start the bike at all. We gave it a boost to get it going and everything seemed to be fine. I did a little research to ensure that my Optimate 2 would be okay for maintenance and after finding nothing to say that I shouldn't, I attached it to the bike... and killed the battery. So, this morning I have had to shell out for a new lithium battery: lesson learned.

I'm now looking forward to putting a few miles on this beauty over the summer.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Nice one! Shame about the battery as they are not cheap! The power up kit does make a huge difference. MHB motorcycles in Derbyshire are now the uk importers for AJP and they can help with all of your needs. May you enjoy many happy miles on the bike! We are a small band of owners at the moment, but growing steadily 👍
OB1

Post by OB1 »

dibbs wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:52 am May you enjoy many happy miles on the bike! We are a small band of owners at the moment, but growing steadily 👍

You're not joking about us being a "small band of owners"; according to the How Many Left website, there are only 12 PR7s registered in the country!
Last edited by OB1 on Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justrtw.com
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I've always likes the AJPs.

There are two new PR7s sitting in Thor Motorcycles in Bodmin at the moment.

A good bike, I'm sure, but the price is up there with the KTM690/Husky701 and the Yam T7...and the the silly cheap SWM uses the same engine as the AJP.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:32 am I've always likes the AJPs.

There are two new PR7s sitting in Thor Motorcycles in Bodmin at the moment.

A good bike, I'm sure, but the price is up there with the KTM690/Husky701 and the Yam T7...and the silly cheap SWM uses the same engine as the AJP.

I saw those two at Thor Motorcycles on eBay... I think that's why I did the search on AutoTrader. I agree that, at £9,000, they aren't cheap, however, AJP does use some of the best components and they are hand built. They do buy their engines from SWM which is based on the Husqvarna TE630, a proven design. Personally, I think that the PR7 bridges the gap created between enduro bikes and those you mention above.
justrtw.com
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Agreed! and you get some blingy bits from the box that you don't get with KTM/Husky oh and a reasonably comfy seat lol....

Return to “BIKES”