I Quite Like This??

The Things We Ride
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: I Quite Like This??

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Used ones seem to sell for almost what they cost new...I'm reminded in some ways of the BMW MINI
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:50 am Used ones seem to sell for almost what they cost new...I'm reminded in some ways of the BMW MINI
I found that recently when I considered getting one but then again a 20% saving on £10k bike is a lot compared to a 20% saving on £5k bike (for the extra grand you might aswell buy new with full warranty).
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:50 am Used ones seem to sell for almost what they cost new...I'm reminded in some ways of the BMW MINI
Very true re. the Mini, they do seem to hold their value more than most.... my wife recently bought one at just under 2 yrs old with 5k miles, from a franchised dealer, which was 75% the cost of a new one of the same spec. The problem with buying new is having to wait months for delivery, so lucky to find a used one of the required spec. and colour.
Richard Simpson Mark II

The price of pretty much all used vehicles: cars, vans, motorbikes, trucks; is going up sharply at the moment.

Don't buy unless you have to.
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Hoping to have a play on a 650 at the ABR festival. Hearing lots of nice things about them - and understand that they are oneof the top selling bikes in the UK at the mo? I'm having fun on the SCR950 but its not a long term keeper, so already looking around for what's next.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Yes, I think RE is second only to Honda in the 400 - 650 bracket at the moment: and RE has only 3 models in it now.

Ride it with an open mind...it's not a GSX-R, and it doesn't pretend to be something it isn't. It's a 1970s Big British Twin, but without the stress. A fine collaboration between the UK and our friends in India.

Return to “BIKES”