'Trialsduro' concept build

The Things We Ride
flipflopdog

Re: 'Trialsduro' concept build

Post by flipflopdog »

Not sure about it's finished look or about getting registered. It's gonna be run up and mothballed for 12 months while another crazy concept build gets finished, that one is off the scale bonkers and nothing adv related....!!!!
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Love this sort of stuff even if it makes me realise that I lack the vision, planning, patience and skills to complete it. Years of buying and later selling part built hotrods/kit cars/enduro bikes/adventure bikes/campers etc etc show that patience is definitely lacking.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Tonibe63 wrote: ↑Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:24 am Love this sort of stuff even if it makes me realise that I lack the vision, planning, patience and skills to complete it. Years of buying and later selling part built hotrods/kit cars/enduro bikes/adventure bikes/campers etc etc show that patience is definitely lacking.
Exactly how I feel Toni. Full of admiration for the effort and skill involved. I'm on a forum for RD LC owners and someone on there worked in an engineering firm on a CNC machine. Unknown to his management, he programmed and ran the machine all night, making sure he was first in the next morning to pick up his parts and clear up the evidence! He ran up some beautifully machined bespoke parts for his Elsie special which is now one of the nicest lightweight project bikes you can find, dripping with lovely one-off rear-sets, clip-ons, swingarm, hubs, airbox, etc etc.

I know there's a strong movement to restore bikes to their original concours glory, but I really like the other side of classic bikes where clever designers and mechanics skillfully create hybridised specials in little garages and workshops up and down the land.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

catcitrus wrote: ↑Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:24 am Nice bits of old school logic there--bashplate is part of the frame, and the rear shocks put their load into the main loop--no real subframe required(ref BM back in the early 80s etc). Will it be registered?--I guess an MOT is all that is required to submit to the DVLA?
I was going to ask about the twin shock choice but that makes sense. I take it the front forks are going to be longer when finished?
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

Brenhden wrote:
catcitrus wrote: ↑Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:24 am Nice bits of old school logic there--bashplate is part of the frame, and the rear shocks put their load into the main loop--no real subframe required(ref BM back in the early 80s etc). Will it be registered?--I guess an MOT is all that is required to submit to the DVLA?
I was going to ask about the twin shock choice but that makes sense. I take it the front forks are going to be longer when finished?
The creator of this bike is gonna 'suckit&see' kind of, it was built from bits that have been kicking around for donkies so see how that front end performs, he did mention some MX forks might be a sensible addition but that might take it over 100kg...!! Close up those forks are a thing of beauty.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Return to β€œBIKES”