Ktm 390 adventure

The Things We Ride
nathanthepostman

Re: Ktm 390 adventure

Post by nathanthepostman »

I have one and have ridden it on the trails a bit. It does have an odd, unnatural standing position, in keeping with its road derived underpinnings, which does take some adjusting to and ideally needs the SW Motech footpeg kit to flatten the angle of them, but I still have fun on it and find it pretty capable. Best suspension in that category of bike, by a mile.

I have it for folk to ride back to back with the GS 310, CRF 250 Rally, Rally Raid CB 500X and Himalayan down here in North Devon if anyone fancies a play.

www.dorothysspeedshop.com
dave h

Post by dave h »

dave h

Post by dave h »

New edition to the garage,
IMG_20210418_095934.jpg
IMG_20210418_095934.jpg (154.91 KiB) Viewed 3125 times
Dave.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

its a bike that i like in principal but it seems too small for me ..as in physically too small ..ive only ever sat on one ..never ridden one ...we should all being well going down to nathans garrage at the end of the month ...be interesting to ride one ...value is there for sure ..price point and the fun is there to be seen ...yamaha are sharpening their pencils with a tenere 300 based on the mt03 engine ...these are now becoming a in demand class of bikes ..... more the merrier for me ...looks nice for sure..feel free to put a little review up as im interested in your thoughts for sure
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

My fingers are crossed for the T3
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

minkyhead wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:11 pm its a bike that i like in principal but it seems too small for me ..as in physically too small ..ive only ever sat on one ..never ridden one ...we should all being well going down to nathans garrage at the end of the month ...be interesting to ride one ...value is there for sure ..price point and the fun is there to be seen ...yamaha are sharpening their pencils with a tenere 300 based on the mt03 engine ...these are now becoming a in demand class of bikes ..... more the merrier for me ...looks nice for sure..feel free to put a little review up as im interested in your thoughts for sure
I agree, looks to compact and squat, needs to be raised a little both ends and some spoked wheels or something.
But price point is the reason I expect, soon as they start putting better suspenders and wheels on it....cher ching....what are those wheels like?.... cheese or okay.

Edit
Just watched the hill climb vid...wheels took the humps and bumps great, faster than I would achieve on that terrain, performed well I suppose. Bike looked ace with proper tyres on too
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

minkyhead wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:11 pm ...yamaha are sharpening their pencils with a tenere 300 based on the mt03 engine ...these are now becoming a in demand class of bikes ..... more the merrier for me ...
Hope they put better suspension on it than the T700
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
dave h

Post by dave h »

minkyhead wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:11 pm its a bike that i like in principal but it seems too small for me ..as in physically too small ..ive only ever sat on one ..never ridden one ...we should all being well going down to nathans garrage at the end of the month ...be interesting to ride one ...value is there for sure ..price point and the fun is there to be seen ...yamaha are sharpening their pencils with a tenere 300 based on the mt03 engine ...these are now becoming a in demand class of bikes ..... more the merrier for me ...looks nice for sure..feel free to put a little review up as im interested in your thoughts for sure
Will do minky,
Just running it in at the moment,
These little bikes just put a grin on your face even taking it easy,

Dave.
phil_h

Post by phil_h »

My bro-in-law and I are going down on 5th May. Going to be really interesting being able to ride 4 or 5 similar bikes in one session. I'm very impressed with the 390 Duke, but its too small for me to ride any distance (6'1), and looking forward to seeing what hte 390 engine is like in a bigger chassis. Its going to be a biiiig change from my current rides though :)
2021 890 Adventure R
1982 R80 G/S with Siebenrock
2020 500 Excf Rally Bike
2020 500 Excf Trail Bike
1957 Velocette 500 Scrambler
GazC

Post by GazC »

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but here goes..
I’ve got the 390 Adventure top of my list for a small Adventure bike next year. I’m after something a bit more manageable mainly for the smaller roads and also the narrow excuses for ones we have with grass and gravel up the middle and maybe some easy trails.
The “Tube of U” has some good reviews of the bike being used in the UK, showing what it can do and Nathan’s frank views are always good too !
Not ridden one yet but going to have a good look at the NEC in a couple of weeks at the KTM and it’s rivals and take it from there.
What would be good to know from folk on here who have them is apart from bar risers, foot pegs and a decent bash plate, what else is needed, if anything, as it’s so easy to get carried away buying stuff you probably don’t need, how do I know this, well, erm….
Any owners views, good or bad would be welcome ! Thanks.

Return to “BIKES”