Re: Quadro4 - NOT a quad...

Post by Bikerboysmiler »

Last placeholder, promise.

Cheers
Tyler

Bikerboysmiler

Post by Bikerboysmiler »

Do I need to host videos on another platform or can I post directly to the forum?

Edit: video here...

Cheers
Tyler

scotsy

Post by scotsy »

here's a reply since you've had none so far :D

nice little project going on, good luck :P
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

It's nice to see a different approach. Keep it coming👍
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
Bikerboysmiler

Post by Bikerboysmiler »

Thanks for the response folks I've not been able to get onto the forum via the Tapatalk app for 3-4 days so not been updating the thread. I'll have to do it through the browser for now then.

Plenty more mods already to share and some more arrived this week. Plus some Xmas presents waiting too... Hopefully I might even get some workshop time in during the holiday to finish a few more mods.

Top priority, CVT upgrades, adjustable brake levers, skid plate, oh and my CVT snorkel manifold arrived this week, no more drowned wet clutch crossing rivers! Yes, it's happened 3 times, involving pushing the 300kg bike and gear through knee deep water and soft ground to drain off, start and dry out the clutch...

Plus when the CVT is back together I'll try shoot another video off-road with the knobbly winter tyres and actual traction, can't wait.
Bikerboysmiler

Post by Bikerboysmiler »

Any advice for posting videos without using YouTube etc for online sharing?
Thanks
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

I can see the advantage this has over a quad on the road - principally being able to lean into corners I suppose. But off road, wouldn't a decent agricultural quad be much more capable through the mud? Fatter knobblies, better ground clearance, off-road suspension etc?

I've got a 4x4 Polaris farm quad myself, which lives in our fields and usually tows a trailer full of fencing or logs, but on its rare excursions on the road it's absolutely horrible to drive - so I totally see the disadvantage of a quad on tarmac.
Bikerboysmiler

Post by Bikerboysmiler »

Hi Dave
It's NOT a quad! And not for mud plugging or towing farm equipment etc. This is a bike (ok scooter) with fantastic traction and stability thanks to 4 leaning wheels and brakes and designed to rule city life and commuting. But it has so much more potential and I'm trying to improve and tailor that to my liking. Slowly getting there.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

My main worry would be longevity, it must have a multitude of pivot points to maintain and I do wonder how quickly the whole thing gets rattly and inprecise.
Its a trick............get an Axe
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

I’m really loving your ideas and it’s really impressive how you’re making it your own.

It’s amazing how we all have our own idea of what a typical bike should look like, especially an ‘adventure bike’ and anything that defies that convention is alright with me 😂
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)

Return to “BIKES”