New Honda CRF300 L and CRF300 Rally

The Things We Ride
Flipflop

Re: New Honda CRF300 L and CRF300 Rally

Post by Flipflop »

Tonibe63 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:59 am
Flipflop wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:28 am Perhaps it was a timing thing.
But it goes to show that there are no ‘markets’ as far as marketing is concerned....... The WWW has changed everything.
Volvo are hopeful that is the case after it pledged to become a digital only retailer by 2030. Let's face it people are buying bikes and cars 'unseen' with the click of a button and doorstep delivery within days ............ who would have thought that 5 years ago.
Personally I watch more YouTube and videos than I watch normal TV and would probably buy something that I've seen in 'real world' use than some traditional lifestyle/badge based advert.
Absolutely. BMW accidentally started the ball rolling with LWR. I guess there was product placement on TV but it’s a lot easier with You Tube vloggers (or whatever they’re called).
I watch a guy who films himself at work (building trade), companies send him stuff for free to use. If he likes it he says so and uses it, if not he says nothing - he doesn’t want companies to stop sending stuff. A couple of things he’s liked and the product has sold out and now there’s waiting lists.

I bet Itchy Boots has sold more Himalayans than any advertising agency ;)
Rallyx

Post by Rallyx »

Itchy boots has just bought a second hand 250L for south Africa adventure, would of thought if she approached Honda they'd given her a 300L for certain.
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

Tonibe63 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:59 am
Flipflop wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:28 am Perhaps it was a timing thing.
But it goes to show that there are no ‘markets’ as far as marketing is concerned....... The WWW has changed everything.
Volvo are hopeful that is the case after it pledged to become a digital only retailer by 2030. Let's face it people are buying bikes and cars 'unseen' with the click of a button and doorstep delivery within days ............ who would have thought that 5 years ago.
Personally I watch more YouTube and videos than I watch normal TV and would probably buy something that I've seen in 'real world' use than some traditional lifestyle/badge based advert.
This. Of the four bikes I own, three were click and deliver, my Supercub, new, my 2000 Fazer FZS600 with 9000 miles on it, didnt even see it except for photos until it came out of the van and My 1999 SV650s with 617 miles from new the same.
Only my C90 was bought old school 7 years ago when I picked it up and rode it home from Poole in Dorset to south west Devon.
I do my research with ergonomics, YouTube and real reviews on places like here. All worked fine so far, it’s just not been an issue even for this old bloke. My next car will most likely come the same way.
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

Rallyx wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:04 am Itchy boots has just bought a second hand 250L for south Africa adventure, would of thought if she approached Honda they'd given her a 300L for certain.
That’s what I thought.
Dr. Houx

Post by Dr. Houx »

I ordered my CRF300L Rally in December, it arrived the last week in February, and was delivered last week. Limited use of it so far but I was able to get out on it yesterday for an essential journey (weekly shop), and a slightly lengthened journey home.

It needs bar risers and better suspension, but for a quick outing, I was pleasantly surprised. I had the Honda luggage rack fitted and am waiting on the bash guard (the one on the Rally is plastic and looks like it’s ready to crack at the first sign of a rock)
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

Dr. Houx wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:58 pm I ordered my CRF300L Rally in December, it arrived the last week in February, and was delivered last week. Limited use of it so far but I was able to get out on it yesterday for an essential journey (weekly shop), and a slightly lengthened journey home.

It needs bar risers and better suspension, but for a quick outing, I was pleasantly surprised. I had the Honda luggage rack fitted and am waiting on the bash guard (the one on the Rally is plastic and looks like it’s ready to crack at the first sign of a rock)
I really fancy one of these so thanks, and keep posting 👍
scutty

Post by scutty »

I think you'd be surprised how resilient that bash plate is on the Rally. When my mate bought his Rally he planned to swap it out however, at the time, the only options were for the L and required plastics to be cut etc. His original bashplate has been on there for 2 years now and has taken quite a beating without breaking. It is made of a different plastic to the other panels and it seems to absorb a lot.

Good luck with your bike!
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Dr. Houx wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:58 pm I ordered my CRF300L Rally in December, it arrived the last week in February, and was delivered last week. Limited use of it so far but I was able to get out on it yesterday for an essential journey (weekly shop), and a slightly lengthened journey home.

PM sent.
Lexinoo

Post by Lexinoo »

So how many people have one of these yet?
How are you getting on with them?
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

probably the best review ive seen so far ..ive been running two crfs with 300 engines in and to be honest this review is spot on ..a yss rear shock and a better fork spring is really all it needs to take on trails like the tet with luggage strapped on ..luv mine ..will get another when they come around on the 2nd hand market

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “BIKES”