Benelli trk 800 ...

The Things We Ride
Mikekitts81

Benelli trk 800 ...

Post by Mikekitts81 »

so earlier in the year i very nearly bit the bullet on a benelli 502x qnd one of the reason was the guy at the dealership told me there was an 800 being talked about and the news iam reading is making it seem quite real https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/n ... D-NavTab-1

Does anyone own a benelli ??? And what are your thoughts on them .. the 502x is said to be the biggest seller in europe so can chinese be all that bad ... personally i quite like the looks of them and the 800x is going to better for the wife on the back rather than the 502x.
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
nathanm

Re: Benelli trk 800 ...

Post by nathanm »

I've ridden (but not owned) a 502X a fair few times and I genuinely think they're as good as the CB500X to ride, and better in some ways. (equipment, wind protection etc).

The obvious sticking point is parts availability and all the rest that comes with a 'new' brand, but I'm a member of the owner's forum and to be fair they don't seem to give folk a lot of trouble.

The 800 could be a game changer if they price it right, especially with Triumph and the rest pumping their prices up of late.
NeilM

Re: Benelli trk 800 ...

Post by NeilM »

I seriously looked at the TRK502 when considering what bike would suit me in my quest to get back into motorcycling after a 5 year break. In the end I went with a 650 VStrom as the combination of the TRK's weight and uncertain spares supply was enough for me to decide it was not quite what I was looking for.

If the 800 carries little by way of extra weight, then it could be quite something as all the ride reports I have seen on the 502 have been pretty positive.

Return to “BIKES”