Moto Guzzi Stornello

The Things We Ride
Seniorider

Moto Guzzi Stornello

Post by Seniorider »

Does anybody here own a Moto Guzzi Stornello?

Thanks.
mark vb

Re: Moto Guzzi Stornello

Post by mark vb »

I do like the look and simplicity of it. Sadly, the V7 is physically a bit too small for me, and the bar/seat/footpeg ergos were not good - my knees felt to be up by my chin.
Attachments
imagesMSYGVZU5.jpg
imagesMSYGVZU5.jpg (12.18 KiB) Viewed 1953 times
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

The above on cycle ergos shows me at 6’1” with a 34” inside leg. My knees are nowhere near my chin. :D

I have ridden one, borrowed from a mate. They are a bike of character that, if you enjoy it you will love it. If you don’t you might find it irritating. They are not a Honda, but they are great fun. But then I’m a fan.
They are a physically small bike and might not suit someone who needs a larger vehicle. They are also fun to ride.
Try one, but they do reward longer term ownership.

Other opinions are available😁
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

I'd be checking out the Indian FTR1200/s Flat Tracker - an awesome machine. 1200cc V twin with 125bhp

mac
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
Seniorider

Post by Seniorider »

Slowboy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:16 pm Image

The above on cycle ergos shows me at 6’1” with a 34” inside leg. My knees are nowhere near my chin. :D

I have ridden one, borrowed from a mate. They are a bike of character that, if you enjoy it you will love it. If you don’t you might find it irritating. They are not a Honda, but they are great fun. But then I’m a fan.
They are a physically small bike and might not suit someone who needs a larger vehicle. They are also fun to ride.
Try one, but they do reward longer term ownership.

Other opinions are available😁
Thanks for your reply Slowboy (Love that name :D )
At the moment I own a Triumph Tiger 800xc (2011) and Moto Guzzi V7ii (2015)
I am going to sell the Triumph, but either keep the V7 or trade it for a newer Viii iteration, or I was thinking of a Stornello.
I would like to do some 'light' greenlaning, and I was wondering if a Stornello would be any good for that.

Cheers

John
Seniorider

Post by Seniorider »

macvisual wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:46 pm I'd be checking out the Indian FTR1200/s Flat Tracker - an awesome machine. 1200cc V twin with 125bhp
mac
Thank you macvisual
Not quite what I have in mind, but it does indeed look good. 8-)

Cheers

John
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Wow that indian looks brill, and a good ride report.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

chunky butt wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:39 pm Wow that indian looks brill, and a good ride report.
Yeah, agree with that Steve. It looks good and sounds like it performs well too. Why anyone would buy a Harley when these are available for less money and much better power I really don't know. It doesn't even look particularly American, which is a good thing IMO. If you're after a quick-ish cruiser/street bike it has to go on the list, surely?
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

Seniorider wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:30 pm
I am going to sell the Triumph, but either keep the V7 or trade it for a newer Viii iteration, or I was thinking of a Stornello.
I would like to do some 'light' greenlaning, and I was wondering if a Stornello would be any good for that.

Cheers

John
It would be alright with the right tyres (I’d try Heidenau K60s, they are a good fire trail tyre and ok on the road as well). Once it got a bit rutted and rocky though the bike would get out of its depth very quickly, and that sump would be pretty vulnerable. If you want to get more serious, the V85 is pretty competent.
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
Seniorider

Post by Seniorider »

Slowboy wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:15 pm
Seniorider wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:30 pm

Cheers

John
It would be alright with the right tyres (I’d try Heidenau K60s, they are a good fire trail tyre and ok on the road as well). Once it got a bit rutted and rocky though the bike would get out of its depth very quickly, and that sump would be pretty vulnerable. If you want to get more serious, the V85 is pretty competent.
Thanks again Slowboy
I will give it some thought.
Cheers
John

Return to “BIKES”