Motorino Atala Rizzato

The Things We Ride
dynax

Re: Rizzato Califfo De Luxe

Post by dynax »

Doing more research and the b5 is the recommended and it is also for the Puch Maxi, so i have ordered a couple, should be here by the weekend, in the mean time i will take the tank off and get that filled with some white vinegar for the bit of rust inside,cheers, Mike.
soho

Post by soho »

Lovely. If it were mine to restore ? I'd restore and shine everything except the frame and tins, than kind of patine just can't be bought !

But it isn't mine so I shall keep watching with interest. 8-) :)
dynax

Post by dynax »

soho wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:55 pm Lovely. If it were mine to restore ? I'd restore and shine everything except the frame and tins, than kind of patine just can't be bought !

But it isn't mine so I shall keep watching with interest. 8-) :)
I was in two minds which way to go, keep the rat look or go full repaint, if i went with the repaint it would be a darkish matt green and the brightwork would be satin black, so handlebars,exhaust,wheels etc, but i have found some nice whitewall tyres which would really stand out if i kept this patina, i am really torn which direction to go as i think both ideas would look great, but if i am honest i think i am leaning more to the rat look as it is now, also less work for me :lol: , cheers, Mike.
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

dynax

Post by dynax »

First start and run :)

daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Excellent. Hope you're running it on 1:40 double espresso Lavazza.
dynax

Re: Motorino Atala Rizzato

Post by dynax »

Quick update, over the weekend i discovered it is actually a Motorino Atala Rizzato dated 1967, i have ordered some new rubber so while i'm waiting for that to arrive i am just cleaning up the wheels, cheers :D
dynax

Post by dynax »

Front wheel just about finished with the cleaning up need to finish the inside of the rim and the spokes, but the new rubber is on and is now back on the bike :)
P1020720.JPG
P1020720.JPG (129.27 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
P1020721.JPG
P1020721.JPG (138 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
dynax

Post by dynax »

Just a quick update, ended up retapping the threads on the tank and replacement fuel tap so now they fit perfectly together, i gave the inside of the tank a soak in coca cola to remove the rust for 24 hrs, worked good enough and after a clean with soapy water and several rinses, was treated to a rinse with methylated spirits and a final rinse of meths and 2t oil mix to coat the inside, after refitting the tank plumbed in new fuel pipe, refitted chain guard, exhaust given a bit of a polish and refitted, might look at getting another though as the baffles are very loose and won't secure properly, was going to take it out and do an actual first ride video, but the weather was too crap and my main camera isn't waterproof, so spent an hour or so running it and setting up the carb and generally checking things over, will look at doing the first ride sometime in the coming week, will have to be off road somewhere though as still not got round to getting her registered yet, but i have had it officially dated at 1967 :D
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Interesting story, keep it coming 👍
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)

Return to “BIKES”