SWM Superduel X

The Things We Ride
scooby

SWM Superduel X

Post by scooby »

Hi is there any one on here who owns a Superduel X ? im thinking of buying one and interested in owner experience good and bad.
Many thanks.
DanielS

Re: SWM Superduel X

Post by DanielS »

150 pages on ADVRider if you're bored https://advrider.com/f/threads/new-thum ... 0.1037250/
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

I owned the SWM RS650R which preceded the Superdual X.
They are great little bikes and value for money. The X obviously has the 21" front wheel which is preferable if you do a lot of off road. If you decide to buy one the ABS system can only be turned off at the rear if you want to disable it completely there is a fuse you can pull but you will get the warning light on all the time. If you can afford it go for the option with the pannier brackets and panniers. The subframe is stronger on the Superdual than the RS650R and the Husqvarna TE630 it was based on so you can carry more on the rack. The instrument panel is quite basic and can be difficult to see in bright sunlight and the ignition key is a bit fiddly to get in and out due to it,s location. The bike has a 15 litre tank and is fairly good on fuel. The ECU can only be reprogrammed by the main dealers with the correct cable and Maya software so check the dealer has installed the latest full power fuel map. The bike is a little heavier than it,s predecessor due to the steel tank,engine protection bars and rack. There is a pretty good frame mounted screen too. Clutch and brakes are Chinese Magura copies. The plastics and tyres(if you have Golden tyres fitted) are Chinese supplied by SWM,s parent company but the rest is all original from the SWM factory based on the Husqvarna design. It is well worth joining this Facebook group as there is a wealth of information on the Superduals https://www.facebook.com/groups/590543751569200 The Superdual has Fastace forks instead of the earlier Marzocchi as Marzocchi no longer makes forks for motorcycles and i think it is a Sachs shock. SWM do not put much grease on the steering head bearings or suspension linkage but this is a common problem with any motorcycle manufacturer these days. It has very good brakes and the front rotor is even larger than the RS650R brake. The seat can be an aquired taste as it has a sculpted section that holds you against the tank rather than letting you move around easier. Some people have the seat reupholstered to a flatter profile if you are a taller rider. SWM has just lost it,s main importer three cross, as they went into administration but i have heard the dealers are going direct to SWM to order their bikes and SWM are doing really well at the moment.
scooby

Post by scooby »

Thanks for the replys guys, its definately one i will be considering but i really want a used one so it may be hard to find, ive found a couple of T models with the 19" front wheel but i really want the 21" wheel.
Any way thanks again.

Return to “BIKES”