Honda Africa Twin 2020

The Things We Ride
v8mark

Honda Africa Twin 2020

Post by v8mark »

Hi All.
Just ridden the new crf 1100 l base model , What a absolute brilliant bike I had a blast , so I will now be selling my desert sled and buying a Africa twin it was that good , Motorways no problem low rpm at 75 / 80 and cruise control . seat height im just under 6 ft and with the seat on its low setting both feet flat on the floor , with a low centre of weight it feels very nimble , until I have to pick it up , but that's when I own one . power and torque very good pulls hard in every gear , low speed manageability perfect around town , the dash is very informative I only had it for just over a hour and I connected my phone and played with its settings , a bit more time and I would have mastered the left hand switch gear , very impressed with it . can see it handling the lanes no probs then motor ways to and fro , great bike .
macvisual

Re: Honda Africa Twin 2020

Post by macvisual »

Was it the DCT version...?

Peter
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
v8mark

Post by v8mark »

Manual trans smooth
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

So did you buy one lol

:D
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

So good when the technology enhances the ride, and you're not having to fight it for control. Enjoy the new bike :)
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Oop North John wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:09 am So good when the technology enhances the ride, and you're not having to fight it for control. Enjoy the new bike :)
Only my opinion but I disagree with that. I don't want a bike with technology that masks mistakes. I want a bike that will let me know if I make a mistake, otherwise how are you going to learn how to ride wthin your own perameters ?
one-legged adventurer
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

boboneleg wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:06 pm
Oop North John wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:09 am So good when the technology enhances the ride, and you're not having to fight it for control. Enjoy the new bike :)
Only my opinion but I disagree with that. I don't want a bike with technology that masks mistakes. I want a bike that will let me know if I make a mistake, otherwise how are you going to learn how to ride wthin your own perameters ?
I tend to agree with BOL's reply. Hi-tech aids essentially mask mistakes and incompetence. But, I acknowledge they could possibly save the day for a rider who may lose control of a tech-less machine when riding beyond their skill limits.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

boboneleg wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:06 pm
Only my opinion but I disagree with that. I don't want a bike with technology that masks mistakes. I want a bike that will let me know if I make a mistake, otherwise how are you going to learn how to ride within your own parameters ?
So does that include ABS? Me, I know I'm not perfect. and am more than happy to have ABS to help protect me if I err. It hardly ever gets used, so maybe in spite of having it I do ride within my limitations? But it's still there if my attention has a few seconds off.
v8mark

Post by v8mark »

Yes I did buy one.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Oop North John wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:19 pm

So does that include ABS? Me, I know I'm not perfect. and am more than happy to have ABS to help protect me if I err. It hardly ever gets used, so maybe in spite of having it I do ride within my limitations? But it's still there if my attention has a few seconds off.
I turn my ABS off when on the trail if I'm on either bike fitted with it but on my DR650 it isn't fitted and it's all the better for it.

I'
one-legged adventurer

Return to “BIKES”