The Yamaha Tenere thread

The Things We Ride
redbikejohn

Re: The Yamaha Tenere thread

Post by redbikejohn »

The engine in the 700 is one of its best features. It pulls from way down in plenty of gears. 4th coming out of a roundabout and it pulls nice and smooth. Try that on my old 660z and it would shudder- just not possible. Its a heavy bike though, not really a off roady bike but it will do it if you are experienced. You can take anything off road if you are experienced. 95% road ? Great choice. Slap a acerbis tank on for 300mile range.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
johnnyboy

Post by johnnyboy »

does anybody know if it would be possible to fit world raid tank on a normal 700 tenere,
is the chassis different, or just plastic panels, fuel range is pissing me off but not keen on acerbis tanks,
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Can't say for sure, but if it's do-able (as I suspect may be the case) I'm pretty sure it will cost a small fortune. In fact, I suspect trading-in for a used World Raid will be more cost-effective. I'd go for the Acerbis, but I'm not unhappy with the 200 mile range.... albeit nowhere as convenient as the Ten 660's 300+ mile range.
johnnyboy

Post by johnnyboy »

you are probably right in what you say, i do like my 700,in some ways way better than my 660,
but fuel wise i think we have gone backwards, looking at at the new chinese 500 bike with twin tanks is the way forward,
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

johnnyboy wrote:does anybody know if it would be possible to fit world raid tank on a normal 700 tenere,
is the chassis different, or just plastic panels, fuel range is pissing me off but not keen on acerbis tanks,
Just get a 23l Acerbis tank for yours

Rugged Roads has them on offer at about £300

Better than trying to graft a WR tank on
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
johnnyboxer

The Yamaha Tenere thread

Post by johnnyboxer »

Had a look at a World Raid today, in a dealers

£5000 to swap for my 2020 Tenere 700

With money we don't have

mark vb

Post by mark vb »

johnnyboxer wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:47 pm Had a look at a World Raid today, in a dealers

Seems like bad value to me. Unless one absolutely 'must have', of course!
More generally, I wonder what the WR can do which a standard model can't - except go further on a tank of fuel? I know the suspension is supposedly superior, but would this really benefit the average user, who may do no more than mild trails? And as for the TFT screen.... I suppose that falls into 'must have' territory 🙂
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

mark vb wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:47 pm Had a look at a World Raid today, in a dealers

Seems like bad value to me. Unless one absolutely 'must have', of course!
More generally, I wonder what the WR can do which a standard model can't - except go further on a tank of fuel? I know the suspension is supposedly superior, but would this really benefit the average user, who may do no more than mild trails? And as for the TFT screen.... I suppose that falls into 'must have' territory Image
Mark
I know what you are saying
I rode a WR at ABR Festival and the suspension was a lot better, so that’s a plus (nothing that couldn’t be done to my stock bike though, with Rally Raid suspension and that would then eclipse the WR stock KYB)
As for the tanks and TFT, it doesn’t light me up
They give you a price to swap, it was £5200 to change, now I have read the email - just because you are looking
WR - RRP was £11800, so nearly about double what they were giving me for my mint 6000mile standard Tenere
I don’t think the swap is worth it, in reality …as there is nowt wrong with this one of mine

With money we don't have

mark vb

Post by mark vb »

JB, that looks like a Bagster tank cover? If so, where did you get it? The only place I can find seems to be Motolegends. (I'm a great fan of Bagster covers & bags, and have been thinking on and off for a while to get one for my T7).
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

mark vb wrote:JB, that looks like a Bagster tank cover? If so, where did you get it? The only place I can find seems to be Motolegends. (I'm a great fan of Bagster covers & bags, and have been thinking on and off for a while to get one for my T7).
It is and fits like a glove to T7 tank

It use a Baglux map case for navigating, with maps (on my GSA too and wouldn’t be without a map on the tank)

I got it from Motolegends

Another reason not to go for a WR as I cannot use a Baglux cover ImageImage

With money we don't have

Return to “BIKES”