minkyhead

Re: The Yamaha Tenere thread

Post by minkyhead »

johnnyboxer wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:27 am
minkyhead wrote:
Imagephoto upload site
You have sold the T700, Steve?

Not to your liking ?
err long story gave it a go ....never really gelled with it although its a competant road bike ..i have to hold me hands upo its just to heavy for me off road ..closes to many doors particulary as ride a lot on my own ..so it was getting left in the garage pretty much all the time .....onward and upwards
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:10 pm
Which exhaust?
Fuel Exhausts in Kendal, you can deal with them direct (which I like), good people to deal with.
IMG_7963.JPEG
IMG_7963.JPEG (92.7 KiB) Viewed 2735 times

If anyone wants a standard silencer I have two of them :mrgreen:
one-legged adventurer
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I agree with Bob and Minky--who wouldn't!--saving weight and the original silencer for resale is a good reason to change. I'm personally of that age where offroad I'll stick with my 250s. For a road bike I'm happy enough with my old 600 Alp as its smooth and comfortable--and about as simple as it gets--and its a Honda! Don't get me wrong--the T7 is a great road/soft trail bike(same idea as the Alp really)--but fortunately I can't afford one--and I don't want anything too precious!
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

minkyhead wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:27 am
minkyhead wrote:
Imagephoto upload site
You have sold the T700, Steve?

Not to your liking ?
err long story gave it a go ....never really gelled with it although its a competant road bike ..i have to hold me hands upo its just to heavy for me off road ..closes to many doors particulary as ride a lot on my own ..so it was getting left in the garage pretty much all the time .....onward and upwards
I can understand all that
Having a few deliberations myself
1150 GSAdv is a better road tourer etc
My XR400R is a better dirt bike and ok on the road at 60mph
The T700 fits in the middle and needs money throwing at it (suspension mainly) and I don’t know whether I want to commit to a £1000 suspension spend, then pannier rails etc
But the big question is, will I use it in preference to the GS Adv or XR400R for those tasks ?
Only if I tour the Pyrenees or Spain etc
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

thats it really it needs some space to make sense of it .... for instance railing them endless firetracks in prtugal it would be awsome ...but trail riding it i just wasnt feeling any love for it at all ....with covid i couldnt see a role for it this year at least ..i just put roadtyres on mecrf300rally for generel transport and touring scotland later ..and me little 300is trail ready ...me main riding buddy is on a 250 ...so i just wasnt using it ....i were gunning it on the road speed wise to keep meself amused or trying too ..but ive done all that crap in a former life so i dont really get much of a buzz cornering at 90 or whatever .........and theres no doubt the tenere is well fast enough for any sane person on apublic road ,it is a fine handling machine but im done with fast roadwork doesnt bother me at all

,,so it wasnt really thrilling ,me on the road or off it ..i did drop it once mefoot slipped on gravel and over she went ... im not a weak guy by any streach but with full luggage on no way id be able to pick it up ...it was heavier than i thought it would be ...

i did like it but never really loved it .....

probably wont do owt at all this year there really isnt anything blowin me skirt up at all so far
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

T700 owners;

What's the average miles you can achieve from a full tank of jungle juice please...?

Cheers;
mac
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

macvisual wrote:T700 owners;

What's the average miles you can achieve from a full tank of jungle juice please...?

Cheers;
mac
About 200 miles
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

if its any indication i left the average fuel trip on for 6k miles it showed a 53mpg average over that distance ..had a few motorway runs at a sat nav 85mph and the consumption was in the mid /low 40s the last bar was flashing at 120/125miles and then starts counting up how many you do on reserve its a pretty crap guage tbo ..at them speeds your pretty close to empty at 150 id say ..the flashing guage at 125 is quite off puting so early on a motorway ...bike itself cruises easily at 90 i was using a16t front when touring
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

johnnyboxer wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:11 pm
macvisual wrote:T700 owners;

Cheers;
mac
About 200 miles
Same here, just over 200. Which is pretty crap when my T660 always does over 300 on a tankful. But now I'm not commuting any more it's not such an annoyance.
robson

Post by robson »

Return to “BIKES”