The Yamaha Tenere thread

The Things We Ride
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: The Yamaha Tenere thread

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

But you will have a blue passport, which will be nice.

It will probably cost 6% more too, as it will have been printed in Poland.
petecam

Post by petecam »

So....

On Saturday I met with someone on this forum for a ride out in Wilts.... They have a new T700.

They were kind enough to let me have a spin down a byway. I must say I was impressed. It immediately felt not only significantly lighter than my GS but also it felt lighter than its 200kg claimed wet weight. To me it was more along the lines of my old 690 Enduro.

There seemed to be ample power and it’s a very nice motor, very smooth with no snatch….

Im about 5’ 9” 5’ 10” and I could sit with both feet pretty much flat on the floor.

I would say the suspension felt a little soft for my liking but it’s a new bike and I don’t know if it’s been setup yet.

It’s a good looking well made bike as well.

If I wasn’t doing the 2up long distance work I would consider one! Its not a dog ;)
petecam

Post by petecam »

Richard Simpson Mark II

The vid I posted above explains why the suspension is so soft.

It will help you channel your inner Graham Jarvis...who can make a 300cc Husky enduro bike look like a Pampera!
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

still finding me way with the t7 interesting day

hit 1000 miles and decided it was let it go day .....and my oh my theres a 2nd bike in there it wasnt hanging around revving to 7 but it kicks again at the top of the revs and pull s fast a proper bonus rush .... dont be fooled by the video it s not printable :mrgreen: pretty impressive turn of speed and for the record ive had some pretty fast bikes in the past ...cornering is as ever razor sharp and it steers so nice so im getting to know it now and its impressive

on the farm tracks im being cautoius short shifting 2nd is mental i try get in thord and fourrth but it will still roost easy on the throttle on demand ...formidable bike /..i know these tracks well and id be faster on me 300 crfs as they are way better suspended ...and way lighter and forgive big suddun oh fuck who put that thre hits ..but give it a clear run and my oh my its fun

ill hold me hands up and say its too much bike for me to take libertys with but im getting to know it a bit the power is pleanty and in the softer gears brilliant ..i already bypass 1st and set off in 2nd ..elastic engine ..forks are much softer now and im off out wednsday to try some proper trails but nowt to daft

getting better
short shifting like a scardy cat ....busted

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Today in Dorset.........
IMG_6965.JPEG
IMG_6965.JPEG (135.53 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
one-legged adventurer
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

markoh wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:53 am Hi MotoCP

Please would you show a picture from the exhaust side so I can see the clearance.
I take it you have no pannier frames fitted?

Thanks
Markoh
Hi Markoh,

No pannier frames needed. I will take a photo of the exhaust contact (which is minimal) when I get chance later this week.

I’m currently prepping the bike ready for a 1500 mile TET camping trip commencing this Friday so it will be the first big test for the bike & panniers.
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

minkyhead wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:13 am still finding me way with the t7 interesting day

hit 1000 miles and decided it was let it go day .....and my oh my theres a 2nd bike in there it wasnt hanging around revving to 7 but it kicks again at the top of the revs and pull s fast a proper bonus rush .... dont be fooled by the video it s not printable :mrgreen: pretty impressive turn of speed and for the record ive had some pretty fast bikes in the past ...cornering is as ever razor sharp and it steers so nice so im getting to know it now and its impressive

on the farm tracks im being cautoius short shifting 2nd is mental i try get in thord and fourrth but it will still roost easy on the throttle on demand ...formidable bike /..i know these tracks well and id be faster on me 300 crfs as they are way better suspended ...and way lighter and forgive big suddun oh fuck who put that thre hits ..but give it a clear run and my oh my its fun

ill hold me hands up and say its too much bike for me to take libertys with but im getting to know it a bit the power is pleanty and in the softer gears brilliant ..i already bypass 1st and set off in 2nd ..elastic engine ..forks are much softer now and im off out wednsday to try some proper trails but nowt to daft

getting better
short shifting like a scardy cat ....busted

That pole/jib/rig/thingamy bob provided some good stable shots 👍
Richard Simpson Mark II

boboneleg wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:18 pm Today in Dorset.........

IMG_6965.JPEG

Waiting to hear your first impressions vs the big KTM, Bob...

Not that I can afford one
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

I was in a Yam dealership in Poitiers today, looking at a T7.

I was a bit underwhelmed, appearance-wise, and the blue/black didn't do it any favours. It may be a peach to ride, but certainly not a show-off bike. However that might be perfect for RTW duties. It just blends in amongst other mid/large dirt bikes and looks less nickable than it would in bling colours.

Return to “BIKES”