The BMW G310GS thread.

The Things We Ride
SGS

Re: The BMW G310GS thread.

Post by SGS »

Sarah's bike Looks great.

I've just picked one of these up and planning to do the same. In fact most of the mods are here just waiting on the wire wheels & the time to fit every thing :-)
fatowl

Post by fatowl »

I've been looking these, i think they look interesting. BMW don't seem to offer a centrestand, has anyone fitted a 3rd party one? Also, what are they like at 15 to 20 mph down a tiny lane - are they happy, or is this a problem? Thanks in advance..
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

fatowl wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:30 am I've been looking these, i think they look interesting. BMW don't seem to offer a centrestand, has anyone fitted a 3rd party one? Also, what are they like at 15 to 20 mph down a tiny lane - are they happy, or is this a problem? Thanks in advance..
Do you mean green lane? They are happy at low speed but are a little bit low on torque at pulling away speed, a smaller front or larger rear sprocket would improve things for slow speed manoeuvring.
There's a good thread on ADVrider forum covering most aspects of these including all the centre stand options.
Lee Frost

Post by Lee Frost »

I took delivery of a Rally Raid G310GS just over a week ago - Level 2 suspension, bash plate, spoked wheels, Barkbusters, Fat bars and risers, Scorpion exhaust etc. Love the look and feel of the bike and can't wait to get it dirty. But there's an issue...
It didn't have the luggage plate or the soft luggage rails so I bought them from RR and fitted them. Problem is the luggage plate on the exhaust side actually touches the tailpipe when there should be a gap. I removed the tailpipe, removed the springs at the fat section where the mid-pipe and header push together, adjusted it all, re-fitted the tailpipe, still no gap. Rally Raid have drawn a blank and say short of seeing the bike they don't know what the problem is.
Anyone else had the same problem? If so, how did you solve it?
IMG_1358.jpg
IMG_1358.jpg (231.91 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
MY BIKE 1.jpg
MY BIKE 1.jpg (226.3 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
IMG_1426.jpg
IMG_1426.jpg (248.81 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

Lee... I've just seen a few pics on the net and they look okay in one but like yours in another.. Somethings not right... As one looks more angled from frame as in 40deg not 20deg...idntake some pics as you have done and email them to rally raid along with a pic off the net showing how it should be..

Someone dropped a bollock..
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Has the rear suspension been wound down a little?
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Godspeed wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:00 pm Has the rear suspension been wound down a little?
Lowering the suspension would not effect the frame to exhaust distance. Maybe the scorpion pipe is higher than the standard?
sledgegreen

Post by sledgegreen »

Should the luggage plate be spaced away from the bike a bit?

At the moment, it seems that a pannier on that side could touch the exhaust. Surely the luggage plate should prevent that?

Moving the plate a couple of inches further out would give clearance between the exhaust and the plate and prevent a pannier making contact.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I’ve just looked at a picture of a standard bike & the exhaust is parallel with the under seat plastic on yours the Scorpion is at a steeper angle bringing it to near the pannier seems odd as surely RR would’ve taken this into consideration if you’ve got the standard can if you offer it up to the bike I bet there would be clearance??
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Nice looking bike though! my mate is looking for a late rally raid GS310 if anyone is selling...

Return to “BIKES”