three years on a honda rally review

The Things We Ride
minkyhead

three years on a honda rally review

Post by minkyhead »

got quite bored since the lockdown so ive been messing about with a review video of me little braaaapster

..filled a few hours ..hopfully i can ride again soon as all of us ... first review ive ever done so bear with me im no tv presenter

keep well keep sane 8-) 8-) 8-)

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
boboneleg

Re: three years on a honda rally review

Post by boboneleg »

Good review that Steve, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
one-legged adventurer
KTMChris

Post by KTMChris »

Top Notch Real World Review 👍

Been watching a lot of you tube the last week or so 😂

Your the Fred Dibnah of the CRF 250L

Keep up your good work and see you on the trails as soon as were allowed.

Cheers Chris
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

Ay up Chris. Long time. Hope your good. Be good to see you. The crew still ask after you. Keep well. Cheers. Best regards. ..... Fred
FallingDown

Post by FallingDown »

Nice video Steve thanks for sharing it.

I got a Rally at the end of last year to have something to do over the winter time when I want to wrap the road bike in blanket. Im lucky enough to have trails starting minutes from my house so a little road legal enduro seemed the way to go. Was originally looking for a 250L to keep things basic but I loved the look of the Rally and when one came up at a good price I couldn't resist.

Never had so much fun on a bike in my life. Genuinely shocked at what it can do, like you say especially as a lot of people moan about the weight and suspension.i changed the rear sprocket for a 42 which made the gearing much better for me both on and off road. I agree no matter how hard you slam it, how deep the water is you drop it in it never feels like it won't get you home. I've had orange lights on for a while but it seems to self heal like Wolverine.

I have a question about suspension if you don't mind. I'm a fat lad and the rear does cause me problems off road but nothing major. I'm thinking about replacing the spring with one more suitable for my weight, although I could really do without adding any extra height. Have you had any experience of the Hyperpro progressive springs? Or am I wasting my money and better off putting it towards a better shock overall?

Thanks
Glenn
Attachments
IMG_20200318_033943.jpg
IMG_20200318_033943.jpg (122.13 KiB) Viewed 3284 times
cozi70

Post by cozi70 »

Great review from long term owner.
This is a bike I think I should try as I'm now used to single cylinder life.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

will take a look later I will guess that it will be a usefull review.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Ace stuff Minky. You know your stuff!
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

FallingDown wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:35 am Nice video Steve thanks for sharing it.

I got a Rally at the end of last year to have something to do over the winter time when I want to wrap the road bike in blanket. Im lucky enough to have trails starting minutes from my house so a little road legal enduro seemed the way to go. Was originally looking for a 250L to keep things basic but I loved the look of the Rally and when one came up at a good price I couldn't resist.

Never had so much fun on a bike in my life. Genuinely shocked at what it can do, like you say especially as a lot of people moan about the weight and suspension.i changed the rear sprocket for a 42 which made the gearing much better for me both on and off road. I agree no matter how hard you slam it, how deep the water is you drop it in it never feels like it won't get you home. I've had orange lights on for a while but it seems to self heal like Wolverine.

I have a question about suspension if you don't mind. I'm a fat lad and the rear does cause me problems off road but nothing major. I'm thinking about replacing the spring with one more suitable for my weight, although I could really do without adding any extra height. Have you had any experience of the Hyperpro progressive springs? Or am I wasting my money and better off putting it towards a better shock overall?

Thanks
Glenn
tbo glenn if your keeping the bike long term id just bite the bullet and fit a better shock ..even with the i/e spring on if you wind the limited preload up it sits higher and the spring is obviously soft ..my take on it is the actual compresion damping isnt that bad ..but the rebound cant really cope even with the standard spring id guess that you can fel it kicking/tugging on the rear now and again if thats the case a stronger spring will make that worse still as it does blow to quick through the upstroke so you get a pattery type of feeling on babuy head rocky stuff ..that i think is the shocks main problem rather than the spring itself ..if it had a adjustable rebound or a better stack it wouldnt be as choppy ..then when it blows up through the stroke it levers downon the front ...so the rear can help the front too
ive been using firefox racing at keighly for a while now they do yss ohlins ...but the reason i use em over some of the other vendors is they can rebuild the shock service it or revalve them in a short turnaround by post .. last i looked they were doing a yss with a big boy spring for around 320
knowing a lot of the trails in northwales id bite the bullet and get a shock ...... hope that helps
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

Nice one, thanks

Return to “BIKES”