New middleweight adventure bike from Morini

The Things We Ride
Tonibe63

Re: New middleweight adventure bike from Morini

Post by Tonibe63 »

daveuprite wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:09 pm Wow, that's so cool. I vaguely remember seeing one somewhere, but I don't suppose there's many left. Raleigh shoppers have a thicker frame than that. And how about that Meccano torque arm? Excellent.

I love the look of the new Morini Milano. Very nice. I had a very brief go on a Corsaro years ago, and IMO it's the most exciting naked roadster you can buy, even including the Aprilia Tuono and KYM Superduke. What a machine.

My 2010 Morini Scrambler has the same glorious engine with approx 115bhp, it's an amazing ride which keeps me on my toes in damp conditions ...... no abs or traction control :shock:
IMG_20180802_172152.jpg
IMG_20180802_172152.jpg (125.07 KiB) Viewed 1488 times
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

daveuprite wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:09 pm Wow, that's so cool. I vaguely remember seeing one somewhere, but I don't suppose there's many left. Raleigh shoppers have a thicker frame than that. And how about that Meccano torque arm? Excellent.

I love the look of the new Morini Milano. Very nice. I had a very brief go on a Corsaro years ago, and IMO it's the most exciting naked roadster you can buy, even including the Aprilia Tuono and KYM Superduke. What a machine.

Yes, I took an early Corsaro out when 3X was the importers: the combination of that monstrous engine, the riding position, and the lack of fairing...it felt like a huge motocross bike!

I did consider buying one...but it was a lot of money for a really dangerous toy!
PeteDuke

Post by PeteDuke »

I used to have a Moto Morini 3 1/2 -
when used in the rain anything could happen. - like- Headlight go out / indicators often didn't work or made headlight flash / or just died.
other than that great bike.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I had one new in 1978. Difficult to start in the cold, but once I'd replaced the plugs and caps with NGK, plus changed the HT leads, it was fine.

A squirt of WD40 into the switches every week and never an electrical problem. Lost count of the the number of Hondas I used to pass stopped with their wet HT systems.
PeteDuke

Post by PeteDuke »

Many many years ago I had a Moto Morini 350, called a three and half.
Lovely bike and handled really well BUT if used it in the rain anything could happen, lights go out, turn indicators on and headlight flashed.
Interesting

Return to “BIKES”