Norton in administration

The Things We Ride
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Norton in administration

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

The frightening thing is...as things stand Stewie could find a few mil under the carpet, buy it back from BDO and rinse and repeat.

The law on director liability needs rewriting.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

According to MCN Garner failed to appear at the pensions hearing, surprise, surprise!!
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Richard Simpson Mark II

Amazing isn't it...you can rob a pensioner in the street and get taken to court, but you can rob several of their entire pension and turning up to explain yourself is optional!
Richard Simpson Mark II

Interesting read here...a lot of supposition admittedly, but somehow it rings true..

https://www.bikerglory.com/news/norton-2020/
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:58 am Interesting read here...a lot of supposition admittedly, but somehow it rings true..

https://www.bikerglory.com/news/norton-2020/
It's looking less like supposition and more like accurate reporting as each day passes. Like the emperor's new clothes, it was maintained as true only because the watchers so wanted it to be true.
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
Richard Simpson Mark II

I think today was the last day for 'rescuers' to express interest in the wreckage.

I'm told it's by no means straightforward....SG has licensed the Norton name to different companies all over the world.

And WTF were people doing for putting all that money down for the V4? They could have just ordered an aprilia RSV and a tin of silver paint!
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:01 pm I think today was the last day for 'rescuers' to express interest in the wreckage.

I'm told it's by no means straightforward....SG has licensed the Norton name to different companies all over the world.

And WTF were people doing for putting all that money down for the V4? They could have just ordered an aprilia RSV and a tin of silver paint!
Choices choices. It's easy to be wise after the event but how many of us lust over something but others don't understand our passion? Regarding the price ....... well again that's a choice we all make every day.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Current (April! cover date) issue of Bike has a short but deadly summary of 'virtuoso bullshitter' Granger and his Norton antics by my old colleague (and now respected historian of the UK motorcycle industry) Mick Duckworth.

Also has Hugo Wilson' s report on riding the Exeter Trial on the 700 Yam. Worth a read.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Petition from the ripped-off pensioners here

http://chng.it/y6mrp2Z4FZ
Richard Simpson Mark II

Return to “BIKES”