Zero Review

The Things We Ride
Cone

Zero Review

Post by Cone »

Received my mag today on the ABR

Can’t say i was a bit disappointed with the review of the Zero DSR. Not because it was poorly written but because I generally took from it that the bike was uninspiring.

I managed to secure a new job this week with a 72 mile a day commute and I think a zero would be perfect but the review sort of sells them as lifeless.

I’m going to try nd get a test ride but does anyone have any experience.

They are kinda Niche at the moment.

I think the S/FR premium is the most suitable bike for me
Jak*

Re: Zero Review

Post by Jak* »

There is a good review of the SR/F in the latest Road (MAG news) by someone who was so impressed he bought one. If I had the money I would be tempted, although the 85mpg I get from commuting on the Himalayan means that I have to have the bike for a very long while before it makes any kind of financial and possibly environmental sense.
Cheers
Cone

Post by Cone »

Jak* wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:15 am There is a good review of the SR/F in the latest Road (MAG news) by someone who was so impressed he bought one. If I had the money I would be tempted, although the 85mpg I get from commuting on the Himalayan means that I have to have the bike for a very long while before it makes any kind of financial and possibly environmental sense.
Cheers
Ta I’ll have to buy that mag for a read.
Sideleaner

Post by Sideleaner »

For commuting, I would prefer the BMW scooter, with a 100 miles radius...not cheap though

https://www.bmw-motorrad.be/nl/models/u ... ution.html
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

my chances of getting one of them thar biykes are ……….ZERO .. :lol:
Cone

Post by Cone »

Test rode one today and I have to say it was a hell of a lot of fun.

The range is certainly a bit suspect I did 18 miles on a dual carriageway which took me from 56%-26% charge. ( I didn’t pick the bike up fully charged) It was a spirited journey I have to say to get me down and there was no regenerative braking because the road was so free so I would expect that to increase the range on daily use.

Getting use to the naked style at first was hard (coming from a 701) but after a few miles I found the bike very well ergonomically designed and fitted me well.

The Zero certainly encouraged a fun ride and in the twistes it felt very good. The throttle response was what impressed me the most and I could really see myself filtering or stuck in track and being completely comfortable. No clutch work felt surprisingly easy and controllable.

The handling felt spot on especially when chugging along, at slower speeds you could feel the weight but not adversely in my opinion.

Hopefully I’ll get longer trial run on it in the new year and give my commute an attempt. But I really liked it....

I managed to get the bike back to the dealer on 0% charge, I bet you can guess what was going through my mind for the last 5 miles of that return trip lol

If the bike can cope with my commute on a full charge I think I’ll be seriously considering it as a viable option. However if I get home from the commute on anything less than 10% it’ll really be off putting as there little room for diversions etc.

The other option for me is to buy a second set of wheels for the 701 and put a set of hard wearing tyres for commuting on and I just cop the wear and tear and fuel. I really enjoyed the ride home and the wheelies........

Dilemmas
C7AB2BCA-6340-4F3A-8A70-4808789EE8B5.jpeg
C7AB2BCA-6340-4F3A-8A70-4808789EE8B5.jpeg (236.66 KiB) Viewed 3162 times
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

I honestly think the only way they will sell them steroid milk floats is to have a test fleet that serious buyers can borrow for a small charge to see if the bikes fit with what they want.... As its a lot of cash for something that falls short of its promise...

Quite a few company's now have recharge points at work places..

Does It make a noise when riding as silent cars are deadly and thought they where supposed to make a noise at a certain speed to protect pedestrians..
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
Cone

Post by Cone »

byewayrider wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:56 pm I honestly think the only way they will sell them steroid milk floats is to have a test fleet that serious buyers can borrow for a small charge to see if the bikes fit with what they want.... As its a lot of cash for something that falls short of its promise...

Quite a few company's now have recharge points at work places..

Does It make a noise when riding as silent cars are deadly and thought they where supposed to make a noise at a certain speed to protect pedestrians..
Agreed on all your points, the more people find them suiting their needs the more they’ll sell. If this suits mine then I’ll consider

The noise from the motor is louder than the wind noise and quite sexy, almost sounds like it’s out of star wars
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

I demo the Fxs last year & really enjoyed it (nothing boring about them). Apart from pretty hard suspension I thought it excellent.

I didn't buy it for 2 reasons.....cost, but mainly range. My daily commute is a bit less than yours & a charge would have just about made it through, but if I needed it to go further than the office I'd be literally knocking on doors asking to plug it in.

One day. If I were you I'd get some SM wheels for the 701, that's what I've done with my GP450
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Chalky723

Post by Chalky723 »

I'd need more range - my daily commute is 120 miles. Plus, in the winter I have Heated Grips & jacket on (sometimes trousers too) - so it'd have to cope with that too. And a fairing would be required....

Interesting to see how they're coming along though.

D

Return to “BIKES”