not a proper adventure bike

The Things We Ride
Tonibe63

Re: not a proper adventure bike

Post by Tonibe63 »

Does your bike have to qualify as an Adventure bike before you can have an adventure on it?
An 'adventure' is defined by the person experiencing it and not by an onlooker or the ad man trying to sell you something. The bike is just the chosen tool for the job.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

What a stupid thing to say about your bike not being an adventure bike, numpty/cock alright! You can have an adventure on ANY motorcycle.

Peter
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

The more unsuitable, the more of an adventure.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

DavidS wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:47 pm The more unsuitable, the more of an adventure.
well I can sympathise with that ..
in the 90's .. before I started trail riding proper, .. I dabbled with a little KE100, .. it looked a bit like a trail bike but was quite unsuitable mainly due to the tyres and the low clearance underneath.

I used to ride it across the Wiltshire downs, the ridgeway and er accidentally around the edge of farmers fields.
When I came to a fence I used to lift it over a stile, (I was young and strong then) then struggle though the undergrowth.

twice I took it to the thames via the ridgway, passing the white horse and waylands smithy, and ancient hill forts …. things long since banned, of course.

now, for me, that was a real adventure

(especially as you cant go there legally anymore)

as to the OP .. just be magnanimous as we are all entitled to out opinion .. even a rude twat.
Last edited by garyboy on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shidosan

Post by Shidosan »

I had a conversation at John o groats with a gs rider and he was very complementary on my Tiger 800 xcx....... well I took it as complementary as he was a german speaking in german..... i didn't mention 2 world wars and 1 world cup...... i wish i had now .......
It will be alright in the end.... if it's not alright.. it's not the end !
McVicar

Post by McVicar »

Nick Sanders rode around the world on an R1. Proper adventure bike ?
mal4936

Post by mal4936 »

SHarper wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:41 am
Asgard wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:00 am Hmm, I reckon this thread is a thinly veiled contrivance intended to act as nothing more than a GS Rider bashing thread.
Very naughty, didn't anyone ever tell you its poor form to mock the afflicted? :lol:
I agree and I don’t think it really happened, seems a strange first post, but hey ho, ‘tis what it is...
well it was going to be my second post but could not get pictures to upload in the say hello section .
i have nowt against gs or the folks that ride them my mate has one canny thing bit tall for me but even if i hated them i would not pipe up my opinion to a stranger but ha ho and all that
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

:D

It is the biggest issue of owning a GS, every other non BMW rider thinks you are a c@@t..........
gbags

Post by gbags »

mal4936 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:47 pm out today stopped for a brew . got talking to a bloke on a gs . after a while he told me that my tiger 800 xcx was not an adventure bike because adventure bikes are single or twin cylinder bikes and anything else is a pure road bike . iv got almost anywhere i wanted on the tiger but what's your thoughts
I ride a GS but that guy’s a dick.

Take any bike out for an adventure and it’s an adventure bike.
petecam

Post by petecam »

Why do people have to behave like this? We all have bikes and should just appreciate others have bikes regardless of where and how you ride them.

Ironically I had kind of the reverse situation this year.

I have a GS, I do trail ride the GS. However as you might know the GS is also a fine touring bike. In the summer I had road tyres fitted and was in North Wales, the bike was looking pretty darn clean.

I parked up next to a sports bike. When the owner returned he looked at the GS and in rather a snappy voice asked my why it was clean and why I didn’t take it off road?

I retorted that I did, but if I didn’t so what? I then asked if he took his sports bike on a race track, to which he shut up and left ;-)

Return to “BIKES”