The Things We Ride
garyboy

Re: Never gonna buy a honda again

Post by garyboy »

ps .. I also blame jonny foreigner for nicking our cool bikes :D
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

garyboy wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:43 am I just realised I may have some insight into this?

With PCP, you are not the owner of the bike .. Honda Finance is .. and so do not need your authority to do repairs etc ???
Basically, you are just renting the bike until the balloon payment is completed .. you then become the owner.

(Also, incidentally, I seemed to pay a lot more on PCP then on HP, and over a longer period, ??)

My dealings with Honda Finance are vey different to yours .. but then I had an HP contract with them, not a PCP (that contract is with another company, for my NC750)., and I had no real mechanical problems with my CRF250L, apart from the silly clutch.

They gave me finance very quickly, I paid regularly, and it was all over in the 3 years stipulated. When I came to sell the bike, they told me it was no problem as I was already the owner and could do as I wished with the bike, even before the payments were finished, as the loan was a Personal Loan which had paid off the bike immediately, tho I personally owed the money to Honda Finance, ..which is now paid off. All the payments were accurately logged and paperwork sent to me annually, with no problems at all.

PCP is a different thing .. the finance company is the owner .. and remains so until that final balloon payment is done.
As to doing unauthorised repairs, they can do as they like as they own the bike, but under a rejection claim they are accepting that the bike is theres to do with what they will. Thus excepting my rejection claim which then gives you ground to say "Well you have repaired it after I have rejected it", can I have my money back.

si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

sexysi

Post by sexysi »

Well job done.

Bit of an update on my Crap ATAS, my rejection claim has been upheld and I return the V5 and the keys back to the dealer tomorrow. I still have a FOS claim going through for money back as Honda finance decided to use this HMRC figure to up the cost of my access mileage. Instead of 4.91p/ mile as stated in my contract. They raised the rate to 24p/mile instead. Using a Tax relief calculation......wtf, but im sure the FOS will sort this out. Word of warning, don't trust any PCP deal now, because it seems to me that the finance company can change rates as they please.
Words are lost on me though on this latest attempt to get money off a customer.

I totally put my hands up and say yes I did go above the contracted mileage by 10k miles and therfore should pay the access mileage rate that I signed in the contract. So my access mileage cost would be £500.

Instead the cowboys at Honda Finance decide they are going to use a HMRC Tax relief calculation, which has nothing to do with PCP finance to charge me 24p/mile thus making my access mileage bill now £2,500.

Really!!!! Its laughable and GIVES A BIG WARNING TO ANYONE TAKING OUT PCP WITH HONDA, DON'T TRUST THAT CONTRACT!!!!!

https://www.gov.uk/tax-relief-for-emplo ... e-for-work
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Blimey...the Honda PCP boys must be on the wacky backy...how on earth do they think an Inland Revenue tax calculation figure for mileage would ever stand up in court against a contracted excess mileage figure that they put into their own contract? The two things are completely different. As you say, laughable.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

sexysi wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:03 pm .... Instead of 4.91p/ mile as stated in my contract. They raised the rate to 24p/mile instead. ….Word of warning, don't trust any PCP deal now, because it seems to me that the finance company can change rates as they please.
https://www.gov.uk/tax-relief-for-emplo ... e-for-work
when I took out my pcp .. [not with honda, btw] … I told the guy doing the forms that I would be doing a big mileage .. so the twat inserted … 30p per mile excess :(

now that the balloon payment time has gone they have given me an HP finance to complete the payments deal .. so I cant complain :)
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Not wishing to be a clever dick but sometimes it's worth checking these PCP excess mileage clauses because they can work in the driver's favour. I once had a PCP car with an excess mileage of 4.5p per mile above the contracted 36k mileage over 3 years, but with no upper limit on the excess mileage amount. I did an extra 15k miles in the car, so when I returned it I'd actually covered 51k miles so they charged me an extra £675. However that was still considerably less than what I would have paid if I'd taken out a contract with a 51k mileage instead of 36k mileage. From memory, the difference would have been at least an extra £2k over the 36 months.

I think you just have to declare at the outset that you won't 'knowingly' cover more miles than you are contracting to do... ;)
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Glad you got a result that please you.. Biker pcp deals are crap compared to car deals.

Cars is all about keeping second hand stock available in 2 years and hocking the young drivers in who would normally butly a cheap unreliable banger so their parents tell them..
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

catcitrus wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:44 am ethanol was a US invention to give the central US "corn" growers a market--you ought to see the plants in Illinois and the barges full of the stuff ready for processing!--it contains its own oxygen--hence the lower calorific value and its effect on tanks and the like. I'm just resurrecting a good old CB500 that had been left standing for two years--the carbs have taken two attempts so far to sort them--nearly there--and I had to fit a new fuel tap--which on replacement gave me a problem as the filter tower just disintegrated and I had to fish the bits out of the tank--fortunately I had bought a complete tap assembly--Chinese, ok, and cheaper than a couple of OE gaskets! HOWEVER, as to general quality it is excellent--frame paint etc--built in the late 90s when Honda quality was at its peak. I also have a late 90s Transalp and that to is just about perfect. Its a shame that Honda have lost it a bit--just by a good , old one!
THIS!!!!....

During the early to late 2000s I was 400 cc sports bike pervert and I built and rebuilt a number of VFR400 NC30's and owned 2 CBR 400's, the bikes were wonderful to work on and the quality of the bolts and fasteners were excellent.

I completely lost faith in Honda when I had a bit of a hiatus into other bike brands and helped a friend do a service on a 2010 Blade, basically he purchased it as a stupidly low mileage garage queen and then used it through one winter, I was shocked to my core with how poor the quality was, bolts had furred up, and the general look was certainly one of a brand lowering production costs. It was honestly night and day to what I had been use to with late 80's and 90's machines.

I fully concur that if you can live without the ass massaging mod and drinks dispenser then the older bikes are really appealing if you know what you are looking at and have patients to find a good one.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Why do you lot take dealer finance .... HP or PCP???

A bank loan is half the Apr generally and you can exactly what you want with the bike and do as many miles as you want

Dunno why you lot fall for it
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:23 pm Why do you lot take dealer finance .... HP or PCP???

A bank loan is half the Apr generally and you can exactly what you want with the bike and do as many miles as you want

Dunno why you lot fall for it Image
Nice coffee?

Many people fall for the '"it's only xx a month" without doing the maths

Do the dull thing, wait and save and it's even cheaper :lol:
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub

Return to “BIKES”