Never gonna buy a honda again

The Things We Ride
sexysi

Re: Never gonna buy a honda again

Post by sexysi »

So had a long conversation with Steve at maidstone honda, who has restored my faith back into honda. At the end of the day the africa twin did everything I needed it to do. However it seems to be that I got a rubbish one. Steve has said I'm the only person that this has happened to in kent.. So I think I have had a very bad experience with them. It must be noted that if you do have a PCP bike with honda then any rejection should go through honda finance, not honda uk. Now I have a guy called jamie that knows what he is doing and he is investigating my claim. So I suppose it all depends what outcome I get from this experience as to whether I buy from honda ever again.
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Hopefully you'll get a satisfactory solution, which I'll guess is a bike you have faith in?
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

So just spoke to DVSA and the engineer investigating the fault, he is very interested in this situation. You never know we might find a recall is needed for all 2018 ATAS tanks. We, myself and another engineer at work, still believe that this is the coating disintegrating from inside the tank. I was assured by Steve at Maidstone Honda today, that they washed out my replacement tank before fitting it in May 2019, that then failed again 4 months later. That would then point to the fact that the tank started to disintegrate straight away. I'm only speculating with all of this, but seems strange.
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Ethanol in petrol may be a factor here.

A 'fake green' measure that causes more harm than good.
cozi70

Post by cozi70 »

fw750x wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:51 pm Honda without a Doubt are the Worst Company to Deal with Regarding one of their Bikes/Products.Shortly after the Grey Import Affair were Customers were Saving Thousands Buying Honda Bikes from Other Countrys in Main Land Europe. I decided to Buy a Honda Transalp from an Official Honda Dealer on the Castlereagh Road in Belfast ( Because HONDA ) Would Guarantee their Bikes to be Legit and Would uphold the Warranty. About 200 Miles on the Clock and the Chain Broke at 30 MPH For No Aparrent Reason , The Dealer Refused to Provide me with a New Chain or Even meet me Half way on the Price of a New Chain , I contacted Honda uk who told me to send the Chain to them to Look at ( there were No Marks on the Chain ) the Side Plates had Broken at the Same part of the Chain .According to Honda uk Something had got into the run off the chain and Snapped it So there was Nothing they were prepaired to do . A couple of Months Later i Discovered the Service Book that was already filled in by another Owner after being told by the Honda Approved Dealer in Belfast They were waiting on Honda uk to send it over to them. Now the Previous Owner owned a Red and White Transalp with the Exact Same Frame and Engine Numbers that were on My Brand New Machine the Only Difference was the Transalp was now Blue and White .The Official Honda Dealers in Belfast Had Sold me a Second Hand Bike and Told me it Was a Brand New Bike,It had Packed up while the Original Owner was riding Home with 16 Miles on the Clock and he Rejected the Bike and got his money back.The Official Honda Dealers Told me the Mechanic had taken the Bike out for a Run to Make sure everything was ok and thats why there was 16 Miles on the Clock. I again Contacted Honda UK and they said Nothing to do with Them Take it up with the Dealer ( Who by this Stage had Sold up and Buggered off to Spain) i Contacted Honda UK again to tell them this to get the Same Reply Nothing to do with us. I will never buy any Honda Product as long as i Live
Noel Orr?
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:21 pm Ethanol in petrol may be a factor here.

A 'fake green' measure that causes more harm than good.
My KTM 950 SM was fine until ethanol cane along under cover of darkness.
Left the tank about 75% full over winter in about 2010 as I do tend to have the odd sunny day winter ride but come March it was barely running. The carb took two ultrasonic cleans and all was ok.
But, the outer plastic skin (just on the black tanks?) started bubbling and all the graphics were peeling off. I got a new tank under warranty but didn’t fit it at the time.
Had Crispy graphics made that have mega glue on them but even they started peeling so I didn’t bother changing the tank over and left them as they were as it was happening to other peoples bikes as well.
No thought about the impact on owners of non current bikes or cars from the govt. the classic car group are really struggling with ethanol. Luckily I can now get ethanol free petrol from a local small supplier who has half a dozen filling stations.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

Dowt it's ethanol as in Europe its higherconsentrate... Wonder how many World wide have been effected... Do other forum Facebook pages have anything..
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

And to rub salt into the wound, its environmental benefits are at best dubious

https://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/ethan ... -or-lower/

That study is grounded on the US market.

However, ethanol has 30 % less energy than proper petrol, and I'm not convinced that using palm oil is something that should be encouraged.

https://friendsoftheearth.uk/sites/defa ... sition.pdf
fozzy17

Post by fozzy17 »

two of my friends bought aafrica twin at launch, they both had two sets of wheels changed, and both rusted again, numerous nuts and bolts rusted, in the end honda gave them both the money back not fit for purpose
gazxt1200z

Post by gazxt1200z »

I had a brand new Africa twin,the biggest bag of shit i have owned in over 40yrs of bikes,so many things were really bad on it,then when a fork seal went at 1100mls and it was always on the road,it was the final straw,couldn't give it away at 5 months old,lost a packet but so glad its gone,i will never buy another honda.

Return to “BIKES”