MCN - Tenere 700 v KTM 790 Adventure R

The Things We Ride
bowber

Re: MCN - Tenere 700 v KTM 790 Adventure R

Post by bowber »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:36 am
This is where Royal Enfield have got it so right with the price of the 650. The list price is very competitive, and never discounted. Used ones cost nearly as much as new ones. After they launched it, they were encouraging test rides even if you had no immediate intention of buying. But you had to complete a feedback survey, and all that got fed back to HQ. I rode one out of curiosity, and could well buy one when I get older.
My cousin has just bought an Enfield 650, it's a lovely bike, looks nice, seems well built and he loves riding it. As you said he couldn't find a second hand one much lower priced than new so he bought a new one.

Slightly off topic, we've found that dealers are booked up for servicing so that vital first service at the dealer has a month + waiting list!

Steve
johnnyboxer

Re: MCN - Tenere 700 v KTM 790 Adventure R

Post by johnnyboxer »

boboneleg wrote:
Crossrutted wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:29 pm

The Yam has taken years to bring to market and whilst cheap repeats all the previous mistakes - overweight and under powered.

Will be ok if you want an off road styled commuter but as a trail/adventure bike - no.

So after countless reviews and owner opinions are you eating your words yet Rob regarding the T700 :D
ImageImageImage
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “BIKES”