New Gas Gas Ranger

The Things We Ride
daveuprite

New Gas Gas Ranger

Post by daveuprite »

Looks interesting:

https://gasgas.com/us/enduro/548/95/ec-ranger-2019

A tad heavier than I expected it would be (108kgs dry) but nice and small. Surprised they didn't go straight for some form of TPFI, but perhaps the cost of developing it is beyond Gas Gas right now - it has cost KTM a small fortune to do it and reviews are mixed. The logical progression in the near future is to slot a 7 or 8 KWh motor in it and be done with it. If I had the dosh I'd be a customer for that.
frenchy3

Re: New Gas Gas Ranger

Post by frenchy3 »

It is a great looking bike that would probably suit more riders than they would care to admit. We cannot all master these pure thoroughbred racing bikes. It is interesting to see smaller companies like Gas Gas and Beta with it,s X-trainer,Ossa with the Explorer and Montesa with the Freeride can produce bikes like this that many people are looking for with a much smaller budget than the big four Japanese manufacturers.
More variety and choice has to be a good thing for the consumers.
herman

Re: New Gas Gas Ranger

Post by herman »

Looks good but it always worries me a little when they say peak power has been limited and then don't quote one (that I can see). I think manufacturers miss a trick there as it will be labeled a beginners bike and looked down on by the testosterone brigade whereas if it were only a bit down on peak to make it more rideable in the lower range then it would be a bike to keep not to move on from. Tank range needs to be good too which looks unlikely so that will limit its fun factor. When I say good I mean more than three laps of a track.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Return to “BIKES”