Go Big and Ride Small

The Things We Ride
Tonibe63

Re: Go Big and Ride Small

Post by Tonibe63 »

Thanks for a great report as always Chris 8-) 8-) 8-) .
It's a trip that many may have done before on bigger bikes (myself included) but doing it on a small bike is inspirational and shows what can be achieved without needing "POWER!!!!".
Best of luck with your decision and future changes in your career, PTSD is thankfully recognised these days. I have a nephew who really struggles following his time in Afgan, a mate who has just retired as Senior GP partner and another mate (senior Pharmacist) who lives on antidepressants.
I hope you're getting the appropriate help.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
blue bus

Post by blue bus »

hi ya mate i hope what ever you do next works out well
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

You never cease to entertain us Chris , best of luck for the future what ever path you choose
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Sent you a pm Chris.....thanks for sharing the moments with us , I love Slovenia too...
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Good luck Chris with whatever your future career turns out to be. Thanks for the great ride report.
Stay healthy :D
soho

Post by soho »

Friend of mine picked this up a few days ago, originally registered in Chattanooga USA and now in it's new home in Holland. No hills to deal with there but he's a VERY big guy for 90cc's !! :P
e5798130855f6a09e8cfc7e81005e35c.jpg
e5798130855f6a09e8cfc7e81005e35c.jpg (198.49 KiB) Viewed 1946 times
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

[img]

My fleet of work money bikes 1 Honda and 2 Skyteams they are all 125s the Skyteams having Honda copies, Ive got 2 Skyteams because a lot of the time one or the other is off the road awaiting spares and fixing, the red and silver one, which has had a replacement engine, has a similar top speed to the Honda the yellow one is a little slower but keeps up with trucks on motorways and dual carriageways if you slip stream, the Skyteams have folding handle bars and fit into the boot of most hatchback Fiestas Picantos and the like. Over the years they have saved me £1000s on manpower and taxi fares, being 6 foot 2 inches I do cause a fair amount of hilarity and often get photoed by passing cars and vans.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Godspeed wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:06 pm Just got back home, a little under 3,400 miles, total fuel spend £173.43!! 😂😂😂

Best bits:
Slovenia - loved the forests and lakes and generally road conditions were pretty good
Dolomites - never fails to impress. Riding under those rock faces, the frequent switchbacks, the Alpine scenery.
Combe Laval - probably one of my favourite areas, the forests around there are fantastic, the villages around Combe Laval always seem pretty interesting, and that crazy feeling of riding the balcony road with just over a foot of wall stopping you plummeting to your doom. Pretty exhilarating

It was a major trip for me, it was on the back of having suffered PTSD from my work and having gone back to work but not really feeling as though I could fully engage with it, so while I was away I took the decision to hand my notice in and start looking for a new career. I’ve got nothing to go to, but just know that I needed to make that decision.

I’m not planning any further large trips for the foreseeable future….., but never say never 😉
E1AF2486-84CD-4C5C-8F51-314E510AF43A.jpeg
One door closes...and another opens, usually. There's no point in letting a job kill your soul. If you must look back, reflect on the good you did.
Thanks for the expert advice you gave me at the time I needed it.
Wishing you well

Richard
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

If you want a challenge...enter one of the Motor Cycling Club's Long Distance Trials.

They will seem quite short to a man of your calibre, and you will be cheered whether you succeed or fail.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Pint Master wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:31 pm [img]

My fleet of work money bikes 1 Honda and 2 Skyteams they are all 125s the Skyteams having Honda copies, Ive got 2 Skyteams because a lot of the time one or the other is off the road awaiting spares and fixing, the red and silver one, which has had a replacement engine, has a similar top speed to the Honda the yellow one is a little slower but keeps up with trucks on motorways and dual carriageways if you slip stream, the Skyteams have folding handle bars and fit into the boot of most hatchback Fiestas Picantos and the like. Over the years they have saved me £1000s on manpower and taxi fares, being 6 foot 2 inches I do cause a fair amount of hilarity and often get photoed by passing cars and vans.
Love the monkey! And I think we are all very much looking forward to seeing a picture of you on it!! 😂
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)

Return to “BIKES”