Quasar spottted

The Things We Ride
Richard Simpson Mark II

Quasar spottted

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

In Salisbury yesterday.

The first and only time I've seen one in use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasar_(motorcycle)
Mickdb1

Re: Quasar spottted

Post by Mickdb1 »

Has Paul Blezard dug his out of the shed. Only bloke I know who has/had one :mrgreen:
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

I think it was Royce Creasey who invented/made it? I remember reading the test in Bike Magazine, a while ago. It was probably ahead of its time but rang no bells for me. Wasn't the odd steering arrangement a Difazio set-up?
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I am sure you are correct.
I saw one fairly recently and I think I saw one way back when but that’s it.
Not keen personally.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

I used to see one frequently in Bristol 35 years ago, it was bright yellow and I think the guy worked in BAC.
one-legged adventurer
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

boboneleg wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:57 pm I used to see one frequently in Bristol 35 years ago, it was bright yellow and I think the guy worked in BAC.
I remember seeing that around!
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

I think Royce Creasey worked at BAC or BS engines (RR)
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

mark vb wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:24 pm I think it was Royce Creasey who invented/made it? I remember reading the test in Bike Magazine, a while ago. It was probably ahead of its time but rang no bells for me. Wasn't the odd steering arrangement a Difazio set-up?
Royce Creasey didn't invent or make it but he raved about in in his review for Bike magazine - he even took it over to IOM if I remember correctly. He said that 'feet forward' - or something like that - was the way forward for bikes. Not quite so untrue when you think about the rise of the 'maxi' scooters ...

I've just Googled the articles and found this - Royce developing a 'Feet First' bike! Elsewhere on the site is a list of his articles including the Bike review and a separate article in which he took the bike to IOM - my memory again!

I think I remember seeing one around Oxford back in the late '70's but I may be hallucinating - I certainly was then at times! :)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

A rider who does the Round Britain Rally uses a variety. I think this one has a Reliant engine and used a Guzzi bevel box. Not that pretty but it's still going and great to see one being used.
Excellent rally by the way. April to October to take a photo of as many of the landmarks as you fancy, 87 this year.
http://www.roundbritainrally.co.uk
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

The Quasar used a Reliant engine - not bad, I drove the original on my bike license back in the day. Now if they'd fitted a Hillman Imp engine, likewise aluminium, that would have been something! :)

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain

Return to “BIKES”