Are you happy with your Bike(s)?

The Things We Ride
macvisual

Re: Are you happy with your Bike(s)?

Post by macvisual »

I've owned my K8 V-Strom thou nearly 13yrs now which is unheard of from myself as I usually keep a bike for a few years then move it on, so the V-Strom must be ticking all the boxes for me ok.
I've a couple of upgrades carried out to it;
p.commander/braided hoses/Akrapovic oval carbon fibre pipes/K&N air filter/adjusted 2-extra tooth rear sprocket.

Also, a 2007 Honda Silverwing 600cc Maxi-Scooter has been added to the stable in July and must say it's a brilliant tool, deceptively quick/55 litres of underseat storage/comfortable and Smooooth..!

So yes, very happy with my two machines. A big thumbs up!

mac
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

Holy thread resurrection Batman!
Yoyo

Post by Yoyo »

macvisual wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:20 pm I've owned my K8 V-Strom thou nearly 13yrs now which is unheard of from myself as I usually keep a bike for a few years then move it on, so the V-Strom must be ticking all the boxes for me ok.
I've a couple of upgrades carried out to it;
p.commander/braided hoses/Akrapovic oval carbon fibre pipes/K&N air filter/adjusted 2-extra tooth of underseat storage/comfortable and Smooooth.
I ran a K6 Thou for a few years, I sold it when I bought a Super Tenere, i still miss it. Did much the same as you along with Touno mirrors and extenders, the biggest spend was having the clutch basket modified, that made a huge difference to the slow speed control. The only dislike was thw fuel consumption, if I pressed on it was giving 35 mpg.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Since I last posted on this thread most of my bikes are the same and most in the same state. The exception is the CCM GP450s which after trying unsuccessfully to sell I swapped for a new Himalayan. Whilst buying the CCM was undoubtedly the worst decision I’ve ever made in terms of buying a bike, swapping it for a Himalayan was one of the best. It is everything the CCM wasn’t, reliable, easy to maintain, economical and a true adventure bike. I have done 23,000 miles since getting it in September 2019, including commuting and two trips to Portugal. Off road it is not as good as the CCM in many ways, although I prefer the engine and actually enjoy riding it more. On road it doesn’t have the CCMs acceleration and flat out top speed but the realistic long distance cruising speed is about the same. Whilst the seat is crap it is still not as dire as the CCM one was. Apart from an electric bike when they become compulsory or economically more viable I can’t see myself buying anything else, although I keep looking at more old stuff.

Return to “BIKES”