Work Case #4 The Honda "Grom"

The Things We Ride
Thedktor

Work Case #4 The Honda "Grom"

Post by Thedktor »

Work Case #3 here

Actually just a service and test ride - quite entertaining despite its weedy 125 engine.

20151014_113445.jpg
20151014_113445.jpg (78.19 KiB) Viewed 3302 times

A Honda "Grom" or MSX-125.

No, actually you would be better off with practically any other 125 as they are all a lot faster, and with 1 or 2 more gears which make better use of the little engines.

Of note was this one came in with only about 400mls of oil left in it cos the young owner was riding it flat out up and down a dual-carriageway everyday and didn't really appreciate the intricacies of the internal combustion engine and the importance of lubrication :shock: :)

Of course, I suggested weekly checks, and how do do it....

Work Case #5 here
Last edited by Thedktor on Sat May 26, 2018 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
Andi_Archer

Re: Work Case #4 The Honda "Grom"

Post by Andi_Archer »

Im sure I saw a youtube video of an electric one of those a few months ago
ScottT

Post by ScottT »

Andi_Archer wrote:Im sure I saw a youtube video of an electric one of those a few months ago
They do look similar to the electric bike Guy Martin was riding in hie China adventure, so might have been one of them.
Big Yellow Tractor

Post by Big Yellow Tractor »

Steve, a lad who works up the road from my unit has one. It has the LOUDEST pipe I've ever heard. I'm pretty sure I can hear him leave home about three miles away and all the way to work. The front wheel is very rarely on the ground and he does pretty impressive 180 stoppies too.
Bloody Hooligan !!! (thumbs)
cozi70

Post by cozi70 »

I have an msx and a ybr125 and tend to agree with you about that slight extra speed and gears but for me and other's its not about that. The ybr125 is quite boring compared to the more nimble msx and it's still suprising how many people interact positively with you and approach you with interest when out on the msx,similar to the monkeybike z50 interest. Even my local Honda dealer organises regular msx meets and runs!
Thedktor

Post by Thedktor »

Big Yellow Tractor wrote:Steve, a lad who works up the road from my unit has one. It has the LOUDEST pipe I've ever heard. I'm pretty sure I can hear him leave home about three miles away and all the way to work. The front wheel is very rarely on the ground and he does pretty impressive 180 stoppies too.

Bloody Hooligan !!! (thumbs)
Ha, yes we must condone such behaviour!

They are the bike to do that on for sure, like a modern-day C90 field bike :)
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
Thedktor

Post by Thedktor »

cozi70 wrote:I have an msx and a ybr125 and tend to agree with you about that slight extra speed and gears but for me and other's its not about that.
The ybr125 is quite boring compared to the more nimble msx and it's still suprising how many people interact positively with you and approach you with interest when out on the msx,similar to the monkeybike z50 interest.
Even my local Honda dealer organises regular msx meets and runs!

Good videos, reminds me of my youth ragging round the farm on mainly C90s', wheelies, burn-outs etc.

The Grom would be perfect for that, and with more power and speeeeeee-e-e-ed!

I was surprised that despite its small dimensions it didn't feel too cramped, Honda have somehow managed to stretch out the seat to foot pegs to bars distances well.

Yeah, a fun bike, for urban and back roads. And car parks (thumbs) ;)
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701

Return to “BIKES”