The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

The Things We Ride
kito

Re: The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

Post by kito »

Big Red wrote:The dealer Im getting mine from was allocated 6 bikes. On the Sunday of the Edinburgh bike show mine was the 4th one he had sold. One of the remaining 2 was to be a demo model
Still don't get your point.
Big Red

Post by Big Red »

Point is people are buying them. As for the throttle twisting the wrong way , Its only a piece of plastic that was possibly damaged when it was forced the wrong way. I have done it before
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Vehicles placed into shows for the public to climb over are simply presented as talking points and they are not production items such as you might find in a dealership. The amount of items stolen, vandalised and damaged from exhibition units at shows is financially mind boggling.

Some years ago Suzuki very kindly used to donate ex-show demonstration bikes to the technical college where I worked, the bikes were otherwise destined to be crushed as they could not be sold. We were allowed to disassemble them so to make the parts into sectioned teaching aids.

I understood from the sales folk on the stand yesterday that 'proper' demonstrator bikes will be made available for public testing in due course.

Good luck to them, at least they are trying to make a bike which might suit our needs better than a detuned motocross item.

TTFN

Hugh.
Big Red

Post by Big Red »

I had heard the show bike was only a'model' for show purposes ie there are no internals it the engine etc.
At least it gave people a chance to see and try what is coming to the UK
ds99

Post by ds99 »

unless you are "loyal" to the Royal Enfield brand .... you can get a vastly better 2nd hand Japanese bike for the same money
kito

Post by kito »

Hugh wrote:Greetings,

Vehicles placed into shows for the public to climb over are simply presented as talking points and they are not production items such as you might find in a dealership. The amount of items stolen, vandalised and damaged from exhibition units at shows is financially mind boggling.

Some years ago Suzuki very kindly used to donate ex-show demonstration bikes to the technical college where I worked, the bikes were otherwise destined to be crushed as they could not be sold. We were allowed to disassemble them so to make the parts into sectioned teaching aids.

I understood from the sales folk on the stand yesterday that 'proper' demonstrator bikes will be made available for public testing in due course.

Good luck to them, at least they are trying to make a bike which might suit our needs better than a detuned motocross item.

TTFN
Thanks for that. That makes a lot of sense. As for buying them :whistle:

Hugh.
Uncle Buck

Post by Uncle Buck »

Why does it have two front fenders, one low and one high? Is there a technical reason?
bfgjohno

Post by bfgjohno »

I was up at Hawes yesterday and parked up outside the cafe were Harleys, trikes, sports bikes, dirty off roaders and fully faired tourers. What a wonderful broad church of bikers there were. I think it's brilliant that there is such a variety of machinery out there catering for most every taste. Some might be better at carving through the curves, others at carving through the mud but all were being ridden by people that loved their own bikes and their riding. If there was only one model of bike in existence, life would be so much more boring. Bring on the variety and down with those who p*** on other peoples choices!
here endeth the sermon ;-)
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Uncle Buck wrote:Why does it have two front fenders, one low and one high? Is there a technical reason?
Upper one is for the hipster look, the lower is to keep the shite off you.

"Real" adventure riders will remove the lower one :laugh:
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

I remember watching a video on utube about street mechanics in India working on these motos....they could strip them completely where they sat.

One thing that struck me was what a pain it was to change the front sprocket let alone get a look at it to see how much it was worn. Other than that why not, bimble along with a different sound taking it all in?

It'd be nice to read an owners review,warts and all..I'd guess it'd be like the Land Rover of motos? It leaks and you have to fettle it to keep it going with cheap parts to repair it? Character they call it..character.

:)

Will It Buff Out?

Return to “BIKES”