New to me Adventure bike

The Things We Ride
stevewatkin

New to me Adventure bike

Post by stevewatkin »

Well it's reached the time when my 60K Cub is using a bit of oil and i'm not sure i trust it as much as i used to.
So a replacement was sought, and lo and behold and bigger bike loomed on the horizon !!
All 110cc of it :unsure:

Ex delivery bike less than 3 years old and 20k on the clock. Some broken plastics but otherwise remarkable good.................................and cheap.
Honda CB500 (1997)

Honda CG125 (1996)

Honda C90 (2001)

Orpington, UK.
crofty

Re: New to me Adventure bike

Post by crofty »

Looks nice, like the luggage and the airhawk.
macdee

Post by macdee »

Disc brakes to get the mad thing stopped
Few lads around this way tour everywhere on Cubs and love it
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

You be careful with that extra power ;) enjoy mate (thumbs)
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

What will that cruise at then ? What sort of brass would you pay for that ? looks brill (thumbs)
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

That looks great (thumbs)

Additional power is a slippery slope, you'll be on a superbike before you know it! ;)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Brilliant (thumbs)
stevewatkin

Post by stevewatkin »

Done the big bike thing back in the day (50+ years riding!) rather like the tiddlers now.

Bike was bought bare and i have added bits. Was an 20k ex delivery machine with "adjusted" plastics on the right. Nothing that cable ties and the right glue wouldn't fix :)
Best bit was the rack (which i found on ebay for £30 posted) as it's an ex pizza box rack that puts the top box forward to act as a back rest. Hinges upwards from the rear to clear the seat for refuelling. Also is supported by the rear foot rest mounts so it isn't all cantilevered off the top mount like a "real" Honda one is.
Front basket was a great find. Can't get them easily in the UK but my son was on his way back from Thailand and he got it for about £4 and managed to pack it in his luggage.

Haven't added it up but i reckon it's cost about £500 so not bad for a bike that hasn't reached MOT age yet ;)
Did need some new bits to be on the safe side, tyres (26 quid each) chain and sprockets (32 quid)

Cruising speed is 55-58 (GPS) so trucks no longer overtake me on dual carriageways (thumbs) Keep off duals and its pretty well as fast as anything over the journey.

Worst thing is the tank capacity, about 3L and a 75 mile range when ragging it :unsure:
I carry a couple of Fuel Friend 1.5L bottles strapped to the top box now. Still a faff having to stop every 75-80 miles.

Honda CB500 (1997)

Honda CG125 (1996)

Honda C90 (2001)

Orpington, UK.

Return to “BIKES”