WK400 owners thread.

The Things We Ride
netsonic

Re: WK400 owners thread.

Post by netsonic »

Hi Stevo welcome to forum........good to have this thread livened up again its been very quiet lately

The stored faults are a pain but cause no real issue as they stop once the bike fires up unless there is a hard fault still in place as you have stated. I've not had any success in getting them removed with standard OBD2 readers and kinda gave up

Service is very straight forward, if you do the spark plug try an iridium one. I have the CMPO front pads which are 10 times better than stock and lasting really well, nice and cheap too, may pay to put new brake fluid in on the service

The rear pads are stock and virtually no wear so not changed to date and I'm happy with the way they brake so not looked for any alternatives yet

The side stand is not an issue on mine so keen to see what your thoughts are on yours. One point to note is that the rear shock was set up really soft from factory so the bike sat low on its own weight which made the side stand look too long. Since setting the correct sag the bike sits up better and the stand is fine, rides better too, just a thought !

Great you have no stalling or running issues..........keep the forum update coming, always a good read with a brew
Scotriders

Post by Scotriders »

Welcome on board Stevo.
Lucky you with no stalling issues yet, I've been having an increase in them of late so got it up on the ramp at the moment to check the valve clearances and tpi sensor, also have picked up an oil leak somewhere on the top end so gonna try find that too.
Enjoy your gardening

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Scotriders

Post by Scotriders »

To save me looking back, does anyone know the inlet/outlet valve clearances off hand?

netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Scotriders wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:39 am To save me looking back, does anyone know the inlet/outlet valve clearances off hand? Image

manual says :- IN: 0.07-0.10,EX: 0.08-0.12

I do mine IN: 0,10,EX: 0.15.............no more than IN: 0.15,EX: 0.15
Scotriders

Post by Scotriders »

Strange! The right EX valve was way too tight, as in not open at all
Surprised it was running at all, guess I was getting away with it because it was still exhausting out the left port?
Will give it a run tomorrow and see.

netsonic

Post by netsonic »

hopefully solves the issue :?
Stevo8330

Post by Stevo8330 »

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I've had to delay the servicing as the oil filter hasn't turned up just yet. The CMPO pads have arrived so looking forward to getting them in and hopefully making a difference. Interesting on the rear pads I'll leave them be for now. I guess it doesn't help my old bike had twin front discs and ABS so maybe I need to lower my expectations a little haha However I am going to change out the brake fluid for what it'll take, I imagine it's still on it original factory fluid, 4 years old now so wont hurt.

I'm happy to leave the stored fault as it doesn't effect anything. Would be interesting to see what the official WK diagnostic solution is.

Thanks for the suggestion on the sheep skin Andi, I'll have a look into that. I think I'm going to leave the fork oil for now. I just want to get the basic servicing items ticked off first. I'm not doing loads of off road just the odd green lane atm.

Netsonic - Do you have a link or something to where you purchased an iridium plug? I'm struggling to find one for DPR8z. Plenty of normal ones about. I'm going to attempt to set the suspension sag as this may help I have felt the rear is a bit soft. The bike sits really tall on the centre stand but soon comes down when on wheels. Other than the seat comfort I really enjoy the riding position on this bike.

Scotriders - Did you sort your issue out? I'm not sure if this has any bearing on the issue or not, but any modern bike I've had, I always run on Shell V Power. I've always noticed a difference in performance over just regular supermarket fuel, especially on smaller capacity engine bikes. Maybe worth a try to see if you notice anything... just thinking out loud. Other than that I cant see why my bike is different to any one else's especially with the amount of reports. Unless the previous owner noticed it and had the problem sorted.

I'll update once I've done the service. I'm keen to start using the bike more as I've only covered about 500 miles this year..... Cheers.
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

The oil filter is a metal mesh so you can just wash and refit, no need to swap out unless its been changed for a paper version.
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Hi Stevo, totally agree with Andi on the oil filter, assuming yours still has the stock metal mesh one in situ i would use it. Cleans up easily and if your changing the oil every 1800 miles or so the paper filter adds no benefit in my view. Ive been using my metal mesh one on the last two oil changes.

The spark plug is the Denso IXG24 :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... G&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IXG24-DENSO- ... SwazJZ3jrD
Scotriders

Post by Scotriders »

netsonic wrote:hopefully solves the issue :?
Well it didn't.
Now have a bike that won't start Image
Rechecked the valve clearances and the one that was over tight was now very loose? So readjusted it back to what it should be but still no joy getting it started Image
The only other things I did to it were disconnect and lube the throttle cables and tick over screw then check the TPS was still sitting at 0.74
Have checked there is definitely a spark, fuel pump priming and fuel getting to the plug.
Very tempted to go buy a box of matches and rid myself of it all together.

Return to “BIKES”