The top selling bikes in Germany this year so far

The Things We Ride
V_King

Re: The top selling bikes in Germany this year so far

Post by V_King »

it is amazing to see 690SMC in the top sales chart every year. Even though I have never seen a supermoto on the road in Germany.
""
Shidosan

Post by Shidosan »

Germans are very patriotic and are also encouraged to buy German goods.....l maybe we all should take this European union standpoint....... Buy British...... but they are all made in the far east theese days :S
It will be alright in the end.... if it's not alright.. it's not the end !
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

Treadtrader wrote:
waynecoluk wrote:Not a triumph on the list. Thought the Tiger 800 would have made it.
Or a speed triple, as they seem to like nakeds. :blink:
saw a lot of these in france last weekend

steve
Ali in Austria

Post by Ali in Austria »

As said, the Germans tend to buy German. I read recently that 75% of vehicle ownership/lease is home grown. Helps for a strong economy. Bring back the Allegro I say :-)
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Germay's strong automotive industry, with loads of exports is an advert for their engineering industry in general.
It must help promote the cause of German Engineering across the globe.
The first thing we should do now the shackles of the EU have been cast off, is to get Rolls Royce and Bentley back in British control and then expand the Brand to challenge Mercedes, Audi and BMW.
moto al

Post by moto al »

image_2016-08-17.png
image_2016-08-17.png (695.2 KiB) Viewed 2417 times
It must' be a German bike club? :whistle:
moto al
threepot

Post by threepot »

SteveW wrote:Germay's strong automotive industry, with loads of exports is an advert for their engineering industry in general.
It must help promote the cause of German Engineering across the globe.
The first thing we should do now the shackles of the EU have been cast off, is to get Rolls Royce and Bentley back in British control and then expand the Brand to challenge Mercedes, Audi and BMW.
Whats wrong with Jaguar?
And to answer a previous post,not all Triumphs are made in the far east. I think most of the 'bigger' bikes..Rocket,Thunderbird,Speedy,Explorer,and Tiger Sport are still made in Hinckley,ENGLAND. But people will buy the German 'brand's. Patriotism seems 'dead' in this country.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Treadtrader wrote:
Or a speed triple, as they seem to like nakeds. :blink:
I did 10,000 miles on my Speed Triple 1050. That was a great bike but the engine needs more 'shove' to keep up with the current crop of bonkers naked bikes. Interestingly, the only one on that list is the KTM Super Duke 1290 in 17th place.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Ming

Post by Ming »

There seems to be masses of Triumphs in general, and Tiger 800's in particular, in the south west of England. Never fail to see at least half a dozen in a 200 mile ride.

Weirdly, I can't remember seeing a single MT-07 on the road, even though it's supposed to be a massive seller. :blush:
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Ming wrote:There seems to be masses of Triumphs in general, and Tiger 800's in particular, in the south west of England. Never fail to see at least half a dozen in a 200 mile ride.

Weirdly, I can't remember seeing a single MT-07 on the road, even though it's supposed to be a massive seller. :blush:
It depends what you're into and what bikes you are interested in riding yourself. All the adventure bikes are easily identifiable by their fairings/screens/headlights etc but the mt07 looks like many other midsize naked bikes especially front view.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Return to “BIKES”