Use it or loose it

The Things We Ride
lancashirelad

Re: Use it or loose it

Post by lancashirelad »

I sold my Tiger 800 at the end of 2014 using the same thought process, just going through the strain of buying another!!
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

I cleared out my other bikes leaving me with the sprint, it owes me nothing and I don't need the space, it's taxed, tested & insured and ready to ride. I know it'll take me wherever I want when I'm free to ride it again
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I've been having the same issue with my 990 Adventure, had a puncture in February and didn't get round to fixing it until last week!

Although my principal motivation is the fact that SWMBO is getting her first bike in two weeks time and it's going to be a real squeeze to get four bikes in the garage!
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Mike101 wrote:Just got my 950 adv's MOT today and realised that I have done about 800 miles in the past year on it.

That's really not enough to justify such a bike.

So anybody want one!

Mike

You need a stiff talking too and hitting with a lettuce leaf.
Keep it. It doesn't need food just sat in the garage (thumbs)
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Mad Cow wrote:IAlthough my principal motivation is the fact that SWMBO is getting her first bike in two weeks time and it's going to be a real squeeze to get four bikes in the garage!
She only needs a small bike :laugh: :whistle:
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

Did the same with my Triumph Street Triple. Sold it, then bought it back a year later. It's only done about 500 miles since this time last year but love it and know I will regret it if I get rid of it again. Unless I have to due to financial reasons it won't be going anywhere.
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple
hooligan

Post by hooligan »

You can easily calculate how many bikes you need. The riggerous equation is easy to follow and you don't need to calculate mileage:

X+1.

That is the equation to calculate how many bikes you need.
The symbol 'X' denotes how many bikes you have now.
So instead of selling one , just buy another , that will justify the lack of time spent on other bikes cus you are riding the new one.
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

I have made that mistake more than once.I am financially stable for the first in my life and i seem to go through the same self loathing justifications for keeping my bikes. I love some of our American friends who go out into their barns and show off every motorcycle they have ever owned since starting motocross at the age of about four! I look through the lists of bikes i have owned in the past and kick myself for letting them go. :unsure:
scubabiker

Post by scubabiker »

bitch please, i do more than that in the snow in 3 months...
but in all fairness i dont own a car so using a bike is my only transport....
but what does it matter i have a bike back in the uk that has done 30 miles in 2 years, and 25 miles in the 10 years before that....
if you can afford to keep it and not use it, then keep it! thats my view anyway (7 bikes and counting...)
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

Youd be mad to let it go, keep it as you'll probably regret selling it I'm sure. I've been there/done that scenario.

More hassle than what it's worth!
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa

Return to “BIKES”