Use it or loose it

The Things We Ride
Mike101

Use it or loose it

Post by Mike101 »

Just got my 950 adv's MOT today and realised that I have done about 800 miles in the past year on it.

That's really not enough to justify such a bike.

So anybody want one!

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
bowber

Re: Use it or loose it

Post by bowber »

Don't do it!

I used to have a really nice sorted 450EXC that didn't get used at all for a few years, just the miles to the MOT station and back each year, so I sold it.

I've been wishing I'd just kept it now and to make matters worse I sold it at a time when they were worth very little, 5 years later and I can't find one the same age or condition for even close the price I sold it for!

And I didn't even need the money at the time, :S

Steve
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Mike101 wrote:Just got my 950 adv's MOT today and realised that I have done about 800 miles in the past year on it.

That's really not enough to justify such a bike.

So anybody want one!

Mike
Its a great bike that. I bet there are many many bikes on here that are used less and still perfectly justified (thumbs)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

How much buddy ?
Uncle Buck

Post by Uncle Buck »

Mike doesn't like getting wet or puddles so this will be in great shape
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Due to personnel circumstances I only did 124 miles between MOT's 2015/16 on the road bike(1050 sprint), 22 of those where to the MOT station in April. ATM it's not moved since!!
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Justification to whom?...why loose it...

Ask yourself why the hell you aint ridden it ?....too many hobbies or lack of time .....all your choice and doing.

Stewie your like a vulture waiting for a fresh kill on the savanha....or a hyena lol.
spasm

Post by spasm »

any pics please
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
shed

Post by shed »

Ive got a africatwin that hasn't been used for three years so I'm going through the same thought process.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

bowber wrote:Don't do it!

I used to have a really nice sorted 450EXC that didn't get used at all for a few years, just the miles to the MOT station and back each year, so I sold it.

I've been wishing I'd just kept it now and to make matters worse I sold it at a time when they were worth very little, 5 years later and I can't find one the same age or condition for even close the price I sold it for!

And I didn't even need the money at the time, :S

Steve
Exactly............if you don't need the space or money, then don't sell it

Unless something else has got your interest, then don't do it

I have bought and sold many Honda XR's over the years.............mostly regretted it afterwards

last year i bought a nice one, low miles and standard - fettled it back to showroom condition with genuine Honda parts. It's a keeper now and I don't care if I only use it occasionally

Last week a mate wanted to buy one of my 1150 GSA's,enquiring whether I'd sell and how much I wanted ( I could as I have another, mint one that only comes out on sunny Sundays)

We discussed a price, with what accessories to be left on and I did think about it.........but what would I buy instead?

A 690R, a CCM 450? Probably wouldn't get used to its potential

A pukka Enduro bike like a 450 KTM or Beta or maybe a 2 stroke Beta Xtrainer 300 - I already have the XR and DR, which suit me for trail duties and are easy going

Something other than another bike?

A newer car, a Defender 90?

After a quick 45mph blast, across the tops and B roads home at near dusk, last night.......told me all I need to know, this 1150 GSA is the only do-it-all, any weather bike for me, to enjoy riding on the roads
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to β€œBIKES”