My new adventure bike, triumph Scrambler

The Things We Ride
Brenhden

Re: My new adventure bike, triumph Scrambler

Post by Brenhden »

That is sweet,

Those pannier look like you could fit passengers in them! They will come in well handy. If I was doing a trip like that I would get wide hand guards to deflect wind. Being vain I would also consider colour matching the luggage to the bike.

Have a great trip (thumbs)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Well done,great looking bike,im sure you'll have many happy miles on board the Trumpet.

(thumbs)
racer66

My new adventure bike, triumph Scrambler

Post by racer66 »

So I have been wanting something to tour around Scotland on, and as having only passed my DAS last year, nothing 1290 ktm quick. So I went for this as a retro compromise. I'm off to Exeter tomorrow from Aberdeen so I hope it's comfy enough! Few mods to do on it, want a louder exhaust and remap. It has a few choice mods, Scottoiler, metal mule panniers, tec shocks, heated grips. It's a 2014 bike with 2700 miles and I'm very pleased so far with it.
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
JonnyBravo

Post by JonnyBravo »

Great bike - close to buying one myself a few times

Enjoy ! (thumbs)

not sure about the skips on the side though
- thats a case of just strapping a couple of Kriega US20's etc on the seat personally
When nothing is going right - go left
Trev

Post by Trev »

Nice bike, should be a lot of fun if you find some decent back roads. Like a few others though I'm not sold on the fugly great metal panniers or are you lumping around some extremely valuable kit that you don't want to risk leaving in Kriegas or similar? Enjoy your first trip (thumbs)
Mac 60

Post by Mac 60 »

Nice bike, 2014 and less than 3000 miles. Iam sure it wont be long till you,ve doubled that. I remember seeing one in that colour in my local dealers and thinking it reminded me of an old RAF bike. for that reason i too would sell the box,s and go with bags but thats just my own style and nod to nostalgia.....Health to enjoy (thumbs)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

I took my Tiger in for a service a few years back and they gave me a scrambler to go home on and try I hated it on the way home dumped it in the garage and left it for a few days. I got it out on the morning I was due to pick my Tiger back up and went for a ride. What a great bike and I was really angry with myself for not using it all week.

Enjoy

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
racer66

Post by racer66 »

Totally get the love hate with the panniers, and no nothing too much value wise in them. I might go with selling them at some point if they proove annoying, and get the Kriega Adventure panel and bags for the sides to slim it down, or I have some old 70's Begans style rucksacks that I might try.
threepot

Post by threepot »

Nice bike. Plenty of 'twin' owners on Facebook... Hinckley triumph owners club,for info,advice etc.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Nice choice!!

I've had a Bonny 790 for the past 8 years and put almost 50,000 miles on it. It actually seems to like being loaded up and even the seat isn't too bad - I managed a 520 mile day once, though I was pretty knackered afterwards :)
Enjoy your adventures!
image_2016-06-08.jpg
image_2016-06-08.jpg (125.04 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)

Return to β€œBIKES”