The Honda Africa twin 1000 , warts and all.

The Things We Ride
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Low mudguard fail

We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
moto al

Re: The Honda Africa twin 1000 , warts and all.

Post by moto al »

Hi any more info?, cheers Al
moto al
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

moto al wrote:Hi any more info?, cheers Al
It's all on the XRV uk forum Al

With money we don't have

RandG

Post by RandG »

AndyB wrote:
RandG wrote:
motorbike wrote:DOOMED DOOMED THERE ALL DOOOOMED....courtesy of dads army.....New bike obviously some things will come to light over time..being a honda probably silly little things ...bad pdi however...I must say the A twin didn't float my boat even though I desperately wanted to like it...is there anyone else out there who tried it and feels the same,or was I just having a bad day and have missed out buying the world's greatest bike?
I really enjoyed it, however, the only thing I think it had over my tenere was power, it fair snorts on when you open it up, but that was it. My ten has everything on it I want/need, if I were to get an AT, all that would need replacing again, and find another 7 grand to afford it, so it's a no for me.
I'd have expected the suspension to be a long way ahead of the Tenere which is proper bargain basement stuff so you've surprised me with your post.
My tenere doesn't have bargain basement suspension :silly:
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

RandG wrote:
AndyB wrote:
RandG wrote:
motorbike wrote:DOOMED DOOMED THERE ALL DOOOOMED....courtesy of dads army.....New bike obviously some things will come to light over time..being a honda probably silly little things ...bad pdi however...I must say the A twin didn't float my boat even though I desperately wanted to like it...is there anyone else out there who tried it and feels the same,or was I just having a bad day and have missed out buying the world's greatest bike?
I really enjoyed it, however, the only thing I think it had over my tenere was power, it fair snorts on when you open it up, but that was it. My ten has everything on it I want/need, if I were to get an AT, all that would need replacing again, and find another 7 grand to afford it, so it's a no for me.
I'd have expected the suspension to be a long way ahead of the Tenere which is proper bargain basement stuff so you've surprised me with your post.
Nor does mine (thumbs)

The standard suspension on them is pretty poor so that's one area where I thought the new AT would really improve on.
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

RandG wrote:
AndyB wrote:
RandG wrote:
What's been done to it?
robson

Post by robson »

AndyB wrote:
RandG wrote:
AndyB wrote:
RandG wrote:
Nor does mine (thumbs)

The standard suspension on them is pretty poor so that's one area where I thought the new AT would really improve on.
I don't complain for my suspension on my '15 tenere. Good enough for me.
motorbike

Post by motorbike »

;) DOOOOOOMED...THEY ARE FALLING APART AS WE SPEAK ARGHHHHHH!!!!
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Can you guys move the Tenere talk off Al's Africa Twin thread & start a Tenere suspension thread of your own

We want to know about the AT & the Tenere references are cluttering it up

With money we don't have

RandG

Post by RandG »

What's been done to it?[/quote]

Hyperpro rear shock Hyperpro front springs

Return to “BIKES”