The Honda Africa twin 1000 , warts and all.

The Things We Ride
Tonibe63

Re: The Honda Africa twin 1000 , warts and all.

Post by Tonibe63 »

catcitrus wrote:at least they admit to the faults unlike that well known (and apparently loved ) German manufacturer!
I bought mine privately at 12 months old and the bike has only been serviced twice by a main dealer in it's 50k miles so BMW ain't making a lot out of me. Despite this it has never broken down and has had a recall at 2 years old, another at 7 years old and another at 8 years old-I had no problems prior to them recalling the bike and I had a demo or loan bike whilst it was in for a couple of hours work. How many other manufacturers would do that?
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

There are 2 ways of admitting to faults, one is to recall and fix them before the bike lets the owner down and the other way is to fix it under warranty after it lets the rider down. I hope Honda do recalls rather than let a few bikes break and leave the rider stranded because recalls keep customers....
africajim

Post by africajim »

Good grief! This post has certainly sprouted limbs! I was one of the few that pre-ordered a CRF1000 Africa Twin and can only point out I've had it a couple of months and have quite a few miles on mine now, love the bike and had absolutely no problems with the bike.
Believe what you like, ride what you like, but I'll stick to my Honda CRF1000 Africa Twin. This is the eighth Honda with Africa Twin written on it and I've loved them all.
I'm just pointing out life's not all bad! Lol!
Honda, the power of dreams.
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

africajim wrote:Good grief! This post has certainly sprouted limbs! I was one of the few that pre-ordered a CRF1000 Africa Twin and can only point out I've had it a couple of months and have quite a few miles on mine now, love the bike and had absolutely no problems with the bike.
Believe what you like, ride what you like, but I'll stick to my Honda CRF1000 Africa Twin. This is the eighth Honda with Africa Twin written on it and I've loved them all.
I'm just pointing out life's not all bad! Lol!

Nice one Jim. Glad the bikes working out for you mate. No doubt some of that mileage is mono? :whistle: ;)
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
moto al

Post by moto al »

That's my bike going in for its first service, this morning .issues ,defective handle bar switch , rusty spokes + the rims pitting .OH HUM . Al
moto al
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

I was in the dealers in Grantham yesterday and the guy on the service desk was saying they've had loads of people part-ex'ing their Crosstourers in favour of the Africa twin, they just can't keep up. Someone somewhere has worked a bit of magic on their sales machine (thumbs)

I came away with a CR650F as a courtesy bike while mine's in for service and MOT - the CR650 needs another gear :whistle:

Enjoy the nice weather - all the better if you can get out on a bike :P

Harv
moto al

Post by moto al »

Hi I'm just back from the dealers, HONDA are aware theirs a problem with wheels , and are going to replace both of them . (thumbs) (thumbs) .Al.
moto al
markoh

Post by markoh »

Just come back from a few days in Spain with Steve Carts. He has the new AT and is delighted with it. It seems to handle very well on road and off road. We did a day on gravel and sandy mud and he reckoned it was as good if not better than any larger bike he had ridden off road.

I ride a 1200GSA and was quite surprised at how much grunt the AT had. I was working the GS quite hard to stay with him coming out of some corners and it accelerated hard up to any speed I want to ride.

Overall I was very impressed with the bike and will definitely be giving it a test ride. Doubt I will buy one this year but it will be a contender in the future.
moto al

Post by moto al »

Hi chaps , when I get home from this trip to Spain il covered over 3k on the bike , I will bore you with my experiences . Warts and all . Cheers , and sit safe .Al (thumbs)
moto al
moto al

Post by moto al »

Today just over 3k, in just under 3 months,and not without a few problems. Today my local dealer Victor Devine ,told me if you want a Africa twin ,now arriving January 2017. Watch this space for warts and All. (thumbs) . Still a great bike , covers the miles minus a sore bottom (thumbs)

And not bad mpg
moto al

Return to “BIKES”