to moose or not to moose

The Things We Ride
Tramp

Re: to moose or not to moose

Post by Tramp »

What tyres you using spud?...ive ridden phils dr250 with low pressure around 15psi in serious mud with tubea ..never had a puncture...ridden at old fogy speeds...
Over hard ground you wouldnt run low pressures anyway...

Your choice ...
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Just fitting a T63 on the back and a desert on the front as I used them down in Wales and like them. I use tubes at the moment and usually put about 15psi front and 18psi rear at the moment and I don't seem to be having to much problems.

Down at Craigs the pressures where lower than that, getting into playing in the mud at the moment (thumbs)

Tow bar on order and trailer being delivered next weeks so I will be out playing more after that (thumbs) If I was doing more of a tour I would stick to tubes

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Tourist-Biker wrote:
MR X wrote:Feck moose , You should try these fantastic

http://www.motorallyservices.co.uk/products/tubliss (thumbs) (thumbs)
You can still get a puncture upside you can adjust pressure, all I would say is most use mousse thats got to tell you something just my 2p
That was certainly true until earlier this year. For "environmental reasons" michelin changed the "recipe" and they were not/are not lasting that well, hence the big interest and use in tubliss. Not saying this because we sell them (all our margin from sales of them are going to Ross Halls partner from this period until end of Jan after his tragic death) but the interst in them now is massive. They are awesome to ride with and whilst its true that you can still have a puncture, its easy to sort. I was out in North Wales with a mate on Sunday, light was fading, got a bit over enthusiastic ona really flinty long lane and split the front. Two dog turds and it was sorted in less than 5 minutes from stop to start with a small skeleton compressor.

The grip is awesome as well, like nothing you've ever felt before.
Tourist-Biker

Post by Tourist-Biker »

Thanks for the information Mike :)
Mike54 wrote: all our margin from sales of them are going to Ross Halls partner from this period until end of Jan after his tragic death).
Big well done thats a great thing to do (thumbs)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

been pondering as I do how the hell you inflate the tyre DOH ........ re watched the vids :whistle:

Looks a very interesting system, what about previously drilled holes in the rim i.e. the rimlock hole that I have that's the opposite side to the valve hole would that cause problems ?

cheers Spud ;)

SimplyExploring

Post by SimplyExploring »

Tourist-Biker wrote:I wouldn't go trail riding without them :)

Two tip's if you want them :

1. Splash out on one of these they are the best on the market IMHO. (will take you longer than 3 minutes for sure :whistle:)

2. Put your bike on a stand under the sump guard so both wheels are off the ground when the bikes not being used for a long time.

Your next threat will be do I use rim locks with a mousse (thumbs)
As other have said, great bit a kit and makes changing a easy job
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Hi John,

Thank you for the e-mail and interest in TUbliss!

The kit comes with a plug to fill the hole you will not be using.

Please let us know if any other questions.

THANKS AGAIN!

and there's the answer folks (thumbs) makes sense when ya thunk about it :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)

Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Yeah it's just a small plastic cap really. But there is actually no need to even use that if you can't be bothered. Bear in mind that the air tight seal is between the red rubber liner and the tyre, it's not sealing on the rim as such, so a hole in the rim won't make any difference.

With mousses we tend to put a blob of silicon to block up a hole for neatness, but havent bothered for tubliss. The PSI of the inner bladder should be between 100 and 110 so it's really forcing the red liner onto the rim - there is no chance of water getting in there or anything else. By all means use the plug though if you want (thumbs)
Dutchgit

Post by Dutchgit »

Can you actually patch a tubeliss when you punctured that ?

Would you go around the world on them Mike ? It'd save weight and space on tubes.
It'll end in tears I tells ya.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Dutchgit wrote:Can you actually patch a tubeliss when you punctured that ?

Would you go around the world on them Mike ? It'd save weight and space on tubes.
Mike I was looking at potential of crap ingress through the unblocked hole :whistle:

it's the weight saving on the wheel and thus the suspension that's interesting as well, but for me it's the weight saving of not carrying tubes and levers etc.

So when you of Ard (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)

Return to “BIKES”