Africa twin

The Things We Ride
motorbike

Re: Africa twin

Post by motorbike »

Now getting fed up with the delay of the glasgow dealer not putting a test bike up to try it....beginning to calm down from the must have it frenzy...looked at it again yesterday with all the extras added to it..and it stuck me it looked like one of the bikes that were on a roundabout at the carnival..just ram a large pole through the middle and make it rise up and down to music....Cheers zebadee
allanmac

Post by allanmac »

North harbour have a demo bike could be worth a spin down to Ayr for a test ride. (thumbs)

Cheers Allan
johnnyboxer

Africa twin

Post by johnnyboxer »

motorbike wrote:Now getting fed up with the delay of the glasgow dealer not putting a test bike up to try it....beginning to calm down from the must have it frenzy...looked at it again yesterday with all the extras added to it..and it stuck me it looked like one of the bikes that were on a roundabout at the carnival..just ram a large pole through the middle and make it rise up and down to music....Cheers zebadee
So would I

They're taking the mick, all the dealers in England have had a demo since late Jan & customers are out on their bikes now

Should have bought from Honda Ecosse like Jim ;)
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
jonny955

Post by jonny955 »

Saw it up close yesterday at the Excel show.

Although I have no doubt it's a very good bike, I don't see what the fuss is about. It's nothing new - just another heavy adventure bike. Honda and the AT fans over-hyped it to the point that the real bike was bound to be a bit disappointing, regardless of how good it is.

I don't see what it has over the KTM 1190 - sorry! :)

Jon
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

What hype :huh:
africajim

Post by africajim »

johnnyboxer wrote:
motorbike wrote:Now getting fed up with the delay of the glasgow dealer not putting a test bike up to try it....beginning to calm down from the must have it frenzy...looked at it again yesterday with all the extras added to it..and it stuck me it looked like one of the bikes that were on a roundabout at the carnival..just ram a large pole through the middle and make it rise up and down to music....Cheers zebadee
So would I

They're taking the mick, all the dealers in England have had a demo since late Jan & customers are out on their bikes now

Should have bought from Honda Ecosse like Jim ;)
Honda Ecosse in Aberdeen also have a manual demo bike, can only recommend them as a dealer, decent guys.
Honda, the power of dreams.
africajim

Post by africajim »

jonny955 wrote:Saw it up close yesterday at the Excel show.

Although I have no doubt it's a very good bike, I don't see what the fuss is about. It's nothing new - just another heavy adventure bike. Honda and the AT fans over-hyped it to the point that the real bike was bound to be a bit disappointing, regardless of how good it is.

Jon
Simple, it's a Honda! Some of us don't want a KTM or a BMW for that matter, and I won't even go down the Triumph road, I wanted a new Honda, now I've got one, couldn't be happier. Certainly not disappointed. There are others out there that can do the same, probably as good, in some cases better, but, end of the day, I have a Honda, happy as Larry.
Honda, the power of dreams.
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

africajim wrote:
jonny955 wrote:Saw it up close yesterday at the Excel show.

Jon
Simple, it's a Honda! Some of us don't want a KTM or a BMW for that matter, and I won't even go down the Triumph road, I wanted a new Honda, now I've got one, couldn't be happier. Certainly not disappointed. There are others out there that can do the same, probably as good, in some cases better, but, end of the day, I have a Honda, happy as Larry.
I can think of at least one thing it has over the 1190

an airbox that doesn't fill the engine full of shit
jonny955

Post by jonny955 »

Wow! Some dedicated Honda fans here!

Sure. KTM had some issues with the airbox but the) have, I beleive, addressed that and the bike has been around a couple of years now to expose itself, so to speak.

When the AT has been out a couple of years too, we'll be able to judge it in the same light.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the AT but I'd rather hear a reasoned argument for getting one rather than 'it's a Honda'... and I would ask the same from KTM too.

So, what is the big deal!

Jon
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

KTM comes with the best toolkit and manual , one can wonder why :silly:
But seriously that engine in the Katoom packs some serious kick , if you enjoy the thrills on road go for the KTM . (thumbs)

Return to “BIKES”