CCM450 VS AJP PR7

The Things We Ride
SteveR

Re: CCM450 VS AJP PR7

Post by SteveR »

mikeyboy wrote:
Earlier this year I emailed them,again offering to become a service partner ,they didn't seem interested .
I feel sure there are some customers that would appreciate a Midlands based factory trained workshop, but what do I know :laugh:
I suspect you know your customers...

I am not that impressed at having traipse to Bolton for engine servicing, and I am NOT happy at going to the local Beemer dealer. Probs prefer an "independent" mechanic. As long as they are VAT reg, the warranty will stay intact (thumbs)
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

mikeyboy wrote:
CRAIGREVO wrote:Ive heard they had sold around 80 bikes this year. But by Saturday at the show they had sold another 30. :ohmy:

I think the biggest thing affecting CCM sales is lack of dealers around the country.
I spoke to ccm at the NEC 3 years ago ,regarding being a service partner for the bikes,they virtually laughed me off the stand,saying the bikes would be sold in BMW showrooms nationwide,
Earlier this year I emailed them,again offering to become a service partner ,they didn't seem interested .
I feel sure there are some customers that would appreciate a Midlands based factory trained workshop,
But what do I know :laugh:
They'll primarily be looking for sales outlets with aftercare capability.
Tell them you'll buy 25 bikes in the first year & their sales staff will be down to talk to you.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
ttproducts

Post by ttproducts »

Scott_rider wrote:A genuine question...what's the difficulty in appointing dealers?
Am I the only one seeing the irony in adventure bike riders needing to travel to get their bike serviced? Just sayin' 'n stuff.

Drop the bike off at Jubilee Works and call a cab:-

Fred Dibnah museum - https://www.facebook.com/Fred-Dibnah-He ... 190725645/

Beer - http://www.perfectpint.co.uk/best-beer-pubs-in-Bolton

A proper day out. Might want to check thetrainline.com for the return ticket too...
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

ttproducts wrote:
Scott_rider wrote:A genuine question...what's the difficulty in appointing dealers?
Am I the only one seeing the irony in adventure bike riders needing to travel to get their bike serviced? Just sayin' 'n stuff.

Drop the bike off at Jubilee Works and call a cab:-

Fred Dibnah museum - https://www.facebook.com/Fred-Dibnah-He ... 190725645/

Beer - http://www.perfectpint.co.uk/best-beer-pubs-in-Bolton

A proper day out. Might want to check thetrainline.com for the return ticket too...
No irony, more the Bucket and Shim adjustments... :(

Also, what is CCm's attitude to home servicing during the warranty period??
dragonwheels

Post by dragonwheels »

I do smile when I see people not willing to TRAVEL to a dealer, or even attempt basic maintenance themselves...

Sign if the times I guess....
"Never trust a man who tells you he never feels the need to get drunk, he's either lying , or not paying attention"
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

dragonwheels wrote:I do smile when I see people not willing to TRAVEL to a dealer, or even attempt basic maintenance themselves...

Sign if the times I guess....
Well, the levels of complexity of modern bikes, and the increasing lack of any background in maintenance is going to lead to this outcome.

I am not alone in being willing (and able) to do most of the work myself on my bikes, but I do have my achilles heel... Valves! Blame it on never trusting or riding a 4T for most of my riding life, well the first 20-25 years anyway! ;) I can do them and have done so numerous times, but even now I doubt my own ability...

Being willing to travel can depend a bit on the distance and the location to the Dealer... For me to get to Bolton would be a 2hr miserable motorway trip! :whistle: Albeit the delights of Bolton will await any person fortunate enough to be visiting there...
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

im not a great mechanic but im not usless either ..i maintain and service all my own bikes ..

i put the bike in for a petrol pipe leak earlier in the yrear

....it had all new tanks as they were the early ones and had not been changed .. re routed improved brathers ...they found a hairline crack on the header pipe and just replaced it unexpected no known about ..no questions no quibble no charge ..and i just thought thought i was gettina two quid pipe fitted ...

they lent me a bike and chris ..cad engineer rode my bike to m wigan workplace and swopped back to the loan bike
...that is not shabby by any standard .. i know im lucky living thirty miles from the factory but ...again that is service ..is it not ??

with the new gearbox my warranty is void on the engine i dont let it worry me the bike runs fine
on a positive note ccm have been pretty good with support checking the valves is to be honest a very easy task once you have got to them :sick:

its no different to any other overhead cam motor .they were comfortably in tolerance at 5000 miles ... miles inside
should they need re shimming later its a very straight forward procedure
owners are provided with a 250 page full workshop manual which you can store on your smartphone ..the crank locks from a pin hole via the sump foollw the crystal clear maual to remove ..intall shims and reverse ...thats it its not difficult ..just the same as any modern cylinder head ..if you dont fancy it any mechanic will be able to do them for you..just give him the manual on the flashdrive

..the rest of the stuff is bog standard and easy

just as a for instance ... i had a blown fork seal after bulgaria ..the stupid feckin courier idiot that picked up the bike from the depot after it was brought back cranked the front down with rachet straps with no block and blew it
id not done marzochie stuff before ..quick phone call to ccm ..a quick chat later i got the seals ..also got a full workshop manual for the forks pinged over to me same day ..was put through to paul the chief mechanic who told me i could slide hammer the forks apart without removing the cartarige ..good to know happy days ..and the seals arrived next day (thumbs)

off the bike to back on in around 45 mins job done

my point is here that i cant think of any factory that would give you this kind of support and help ..they will help you to maintain your own bike and getting to know your own bike this way is a good thing ..its a hybrid a type of dirt bike and we cant expect to be nannyd and things to be ok for 5000 miles of dirt type riding without hickup
i think like most adv bikes you need to get hands on ..if that suits your style you will get more help from ccm than any dealer i reackon..imagine ringing up a ktm dealer and get that kind of help and responce ..workshop manual parts and head mechanic all in one call B)

so this kind of relationship suits me as i feel i know my bike pretty well now

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

mikeyboy wrote:
CRAIGREVO wrote:Ive heard they had sold around 80 bikes this year. But by Saturday at the show they had sold another 30. :ohmy:

I think the biggest thing affecting CCM sales is lack of dealers around the country.
I spoke to ccm at the NEC 3 years ago ,regarding being a service partner for the bikes,they virtually laughed me off the stand,saying the bikes would be sold in BMW showrooms nationwide,
I feel sure there are some customers that would appreciate a Midlands based factory trained workshop,
But what do I know :laugh:
you get my vote mate (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

My wife has been muttering about contacting CCM regarding buying one of their ex demo bikes if they've got any left and the one thing that seems to be putting her off is the lack of dealers.

We've got an independent BMW service guy that I've used for a number of jobs and I've told her to go and speak to him but whether that'll convince her or not only time will tell.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

adventure bike shop is a dealer I think Andy? thats darn sarf innit? must be near you then :laugh: B)

Return to “BIKES”