CCM450 VS AJP PR7

The Things We Ride
Simon_100

Re: Re: CCM450 VS AJP PR7

Post by Simon_100 »

Brenhden wrote:
SteveR wrote:
Redmurty wrote:

Pah! You are far too busy to go, look, and play with bikes! ;)

I would go up in the week in winter, if it was in a vehicle... :whistle:

I'll give you a shout
OK, pick a Tuesday that you are free and we'll contact CCM and book a couple of bikes for a test ride? ;)

I see that there are 40 CCM GP450's registerd in the UK. I thought there might be a few more...
40? Jeez I thought there would be hundreds. Price drop should help that. Is there a waiting list? Are there hundreds abroad? The optional extra list is crazily overpriced too.
I saw an Andorra plated model nearby in La Pobla de Segur a month or two back - make a nice second hand once it's been registred three years and apt for a cheap import here to Spain :whistle:

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Chasbmw

Re: CCM450 VS AJP PR7

Post by Chasbmw »

rallymoto wrote:one things for sure ,the ajp build quality is top ,all hand done and with love of their product ,very refreshing ,
great to have seen it from a full size drawing and mock ups
proud to have had a hand in it .cant wait to test it (soon ):-)
Pity about the 920mm seat height!
SteveWat

Post by SteveWat »

I think AJP need to sort their dealer network out (Especially in NW England)
Lots of red dots on their dealer location map....but in reality its a struggle to get meaningful
advise/service in NW England.
Shame really as my 250 Enduro is a nice little bike.
FMFox

Post by FMFox »

Mike54 wrote:
Also, I have a feeling that by this time next year, assuming the PR7 is out early in the new year, we will know far more about the true "adventure bike" market via sales, so according to KTM research on the subject, the PR7 will be a massive fail, and if it isnt, and is a raging success, only then might we see some interesting bikes come from KTM in the next 3-5 years.
This keeps getting posted, If the AJP sells in the volume required for KTM to consider it a success I very much doubt AJP will be able to handle the demand.

I very much doubt KTM are concerned at all by the PR7. KTM need to sell 10s of thousands to make it a success.
This is why the bike industry needs CCM and AJP and smaller manufacturers to make the boutique bikes that many of us crave with out being lumbered by the need to sell by the 100000.

These boutique bikes often come at a premium price because demand is limited and the R and D needs to be paid for.

Look at the Honda Africa Twin, When it was announced I hoped for a Bike with the weight of a BMW 650 but with a high displacement engine, A lighter version of the KTM 950 SE with a bigger tank, this was want the pre production rumour mill churned out a reasonable all rounder. as soon as the productions stats were announced I switched off because the final product has to me turned out to be "just another adventure bike."
This is what the market wants a road bike that pretends to be an off roader. I say this because I don't have the skill to ride a big bike off road or the strength to keep picking it up when it falls over. So I had a eureka moment I bought an out and out road bike for the road I find much better for my purposes on the road, when I had an adventure bike I never took it off road anyway because of the previous mentioned comments.

Having done a trip on a 400, I will admit to finding the engine vibey at motorway speeds, but on my trip there were few times when this really bothered me. however I was thankful that my bike weighed less than 150kg many many times. It's all about what the rider wants.

Would I buy a CCM GP450 or ALP PR7 now, No beacuse I have a CCM644 and CCMSR40 and that would be like buying a 3rd bike for exactly the same purpose as the other 2, however because of the type of riding I enjoy I am gald these companies exist and are pushing the bar of the long range trail bike because one day I may have to retire one of my bikes. And If i didn't have my bikes then I would be drooling at the thought of the GP450 or pr7.

currently traveling the world on a CCM SR40
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

KTM are not at all concerned by it, that's not what I said. What I said was that if it sells in decent numbers that KTM will look at the market again. And they would. It's a commercial world after all. The PR7 is good for everyone, as is the CCM and I for one want both of them to be a massive success.
-Ralph-

CCM450 VS AJP PR7

Post by -Ralph- »

40 sold in the first year.... interesting.

How many can CCM make in a year?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Ive heard they had sold around 80 bikes this year. But by Saturday at the show they had sold another 30. :ohmy:

I think the biggest thing affecting CCM sales is lack of dealers around the country.
Dutchgit

Post by Dutchgit »

I think KTM is onto the smaller/lighter adventure thing and there will be a 701 adv. type of thing in the 2017model line up.
It'll end in tears I tells ya.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

GreenT wrote:

I'm still trying to join the dots on this one Bob.
Husabergs (70 deg models) were awesome - KTM bought them / killed the brand n motor
(Did I bump into you at the fox pub Derbyshire on a TRF protest in those Berg days?)
Red Huskys were really good - KTM bought them / currently milking the Husqvarna heritage

Guess which bikes I've owned :)

During this time I started to think that KTM can leave credible or emerging competion to stand or fall and buy up whats good or useful. I ask myself whether this put them into the luxurious position to put their feet up a bit and not deliver as much as they could have these past 4/5 years. Like they used to when they were chasing to be the best and stay in front of the competition. Nowadays the question seems to have shifted more towards - what competition ? I could be wrong and genuinly hope I am.
Good points and Yes I was there (thumbs)
one-legged adventurer
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

CRAIGREVO wrote:Ive heard they had sold around 80 bikes this year. But by Saturday at the show they had sold another 30. :ohmy:

I think the biggest thing affecting CCM sales is lack of dealers around the country.
At best 110 bikes in 2015. Say an average of £9,000 each, that's £990,000 turnover. Its an awful amount of R&D, parts sourcing, promotion and workshop time for such a small return. Hats off to them (thumbs)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “BIKES”