I bought the Honley

The Things We Ride
artic fox

Re: I bought the Honley

Post by artic fox »

Hi B & T, I also do a write up in the Chinese bike thread, one thing I forgot to mention, on my way to F2 motorcycles I over shot my turn at Wisbech St Mary and stopped to turn around as two lads about 18 yrs old on pushbikes passed both were eyeing the bike and one turned gave me a thumbs up and said f@#ing cool bike mate, never had that before, so it's got street cred (thumbs) .
ratass

Post by ratass »

Just been on the f2 site and couldn't see how much It weighs.looks ideal for my other half. Any idea of the weight please

Jon
Angel

Post by Angel »

187 kg
Angel

Post by Angel »

187 kg
ratass

Post by ratass »

Sounds a little porky to me my funduro is around that.
Jon
artic fox

Post by artic fox »

It's actually 168 dry but don't forget that includes the rack, top box and panniers and the front and rear crash bars, compared to my GSXF 650 it's light as a feather, 178 fuelled and oil and water, don't forget it's water cooled and has twin radiator fans, just get the wife to try it out and if you go to F2 have a look at the Mash (I think that's the name) bikes very retro and 400 cc, really nice looking bikes.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

The a guy from F2 was at the Sailisbury ABR Rally with a Jawa 660. That bike and the Honley are both really good looking bikes.

Angel was that you?
Angel wrote:187 kg
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Angel

Post by Angel »

Hi,
Yes, Full name David Angel
Forum name Angel
I am director/owner of F2 Motorcycles Ltd.
Never know if I should include this as a signature on forums, but it is listed on a profile for all to see.
Views expressed in any forum I join are my own, rather than some sales talk.
Still loving the Jawa 660,
New Honley just registered to me so I can do some miles on one.
Couldn't resist it after riding a few I had prepared for customers.

Now that does sound like sales talk, but seriously I really enjoy riding the Honley. Thing is they aren't too precious to get dirty. I've got bikes I never use, because they are new and sparkley clean.
thejokerman

Post by thejokerman »

i also just bought one of these in blue, however it seems to stall quite a lot, how did you get it resolved? for a 250 the bike is well built and spec'd for the price.
artic fox

Post by artic fox »

When is it stalling, I had a bit of trouble when it was cold but I just make sure I have 1 or 2 bar on the temp and that sorts that out, also the revs where a little low but David adjusted that to just above 15 hundred and I've not had any problems since

Return to β€œBIKES”