Herald motorbikes

The Things We Ride
SteveR

Re: Herald motorbikes

Post by SteveR »

dubber68 wrote:Well spent the day at the NEC today and apart from falling in love with the CCM I was also quite taken by the Herald motorcycles, particularly the scrambler type customs and they weren't silly money. Has anyone any experience of them and if so a review of them would be much appreciated. I am wary of chinese bikes but is this just a case of me living in the past? There is precious little in the interweb about them.
Thought the same, for me one of the more interesting stands at the Show! :laugh:
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Found this cracking site. Custom builder using the Herald bikes as a base but does a ground up job of building them to customers spec and not too pricey. To be clear this would be a shared bike between me and my missus and would not see a lot of miles. My sertao is my donkey and carries the majority of the daily commute and travel burden. Was thinking of the CCM but I have a picture in my head of a euro trip on an inappropriate bike and the vanvan was going to be the one but I really like these for some reason. Some of the Mutt customs are awesome looking.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

xabfe71e09ea131a_pagespeed_ic_Ur8LjWfWj3.jpg
xabfe71e09ea131a_pagespeed_ic_Ur8LjWfWj3.jpg (71.43 KiB) Viewed 1375 times

Having looked at their site this would be along the lines of what I would commission but 250cc.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

That's almost an exact copy of my Suzuki TU250 Grasstracker even down to the toolkit under the side panel.
It's got a tiny bit more power than my Wife's Vanvan 125 but the same top speed.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-TU-250 ... 23429a2bac
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Tonibe63 wrote:That's almost an exact copy of my Suzuki TU250 Grasstracker even down to the toolkit under the side panel.
It's got a tiny bit more power than my Wife's Vanvan 125 but the same top speed.
Yeah we have a vanvan in the stable as well but one of the 250cc bikes will hit 70 reasonably quickly according to the few reviews I have managed to find and will eventually hit 75-80. This could mean a swap is on the cards.

Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

dubber68 wrote:
Tonibe63 wrote:That's almost an exact copy of my Suzuki TU250 Grasstracker even down to the toolkit under the side panel.
Yeah we have a vanvan in the stable as well but one of the 250cc bikes will hit 70 reasonably quickly according to the few reviews I have managed to find and will eventually hit 75-80. This could mean a swap is on the cards.
My 250 wouldn't do 75mph unless you altered the gearing which would make it lose power on hills even worse than it does now, 70mph is screaming the engine and is not a comfortable ride.
Image[/img]
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

I like that blue and white one, wonder if they do it in burgundy and cream, it would look like a tiny version of my inheritance then :lol:

But on a serious note don't buy a Chinese bike, your frame will crack, you'll get rust in your fuel tank, your chain will snap, you'll break parts off your swing arm, the spokes will corrode over a summer, the fuel air mixture will be woefully lean, the electrics will be dodgy, ecu's/CDI's will fail, the dealers wont do warranty claims, you'll only be able to get parts from the internet and other bad things will happen.

So basically all the same shit you get with a name brand bike, but cheaper and a bit quicker :whistle:

If you didn't guess by my massive amount of sarcasm I like Chinese bikes, yes they break, but so does everything if its not maintained properly or smothered in anti corrosion stuff. Remember a lot of these bikes are ridden by kids who abuse them and don't look after them. And yes I know I'll probably get some stick for all that but I don't care :lol:

I say do it, get one, fiddle with it, maintain it, upgrade it and if You do a silly euro trip on one give me a shout that sounds like my kind of silly :whistle:
IndigoSteve

Herald motorbikes

Post by IndigoSteve »

I saw these last year and this year they seem to expanded the range to include the 250. Very tempted for a 2nd fun bike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fredflanagan

Post by Fredflanagan »

I sell these little Herald bikes down here in Cornwall. As with everything in life, you get what you pay for. I have been selling Chinese bikes for five years now and they have come a long long way. They are still far from Japanese quality but as long as you understand what you are buying, they really are very good value for money. I personally ride a Shinneray 250cc enduro from the same importers and after two years regular use it is still in good condition and has been 100% reliable. Zingbikes, that are the importers for the brands mentioned are a great company to deal with that have heavily invested in a good spares backup and spend a lot of time developing the bikes they import. ( honest, I ain't getting paid for this!! :) ). If you can live with the odd rusty fastener etc then these little bikes are definitely worth a visit.
Trev

Post by Trev »

Really like the look of these even if I do sound like a David Beckham wanna be hipster with that statement :blush:

Have a mind to do something similar to my RE but too busy using it through the Winter, may have a go at it during the summer
Attachments
IMG_1419_2014-11-27.JPG
IMG_1419_2014-11-27.JPG (125.73 KiB) Viewed 1375 times

Return to “BIKES”