Herald motorbikes

The Things We Ride
dubber68

Re: Herald motorbikes

Post by dubber68 »

Well after my first euro trip on the bike I thought I would revive this thread and do a little report on how she was.
Prior to setting off I was a little concerned over how comfortable she would be on a longer multiday trip and whether the lack of performance would become frustrating.

In terms of comfort I can report that she was comfortable enough for a 6 hour day. that isn't to say there were no aches and pains but it was as comfortable as most other bikes I have ridden with the worst part being my knees as I am over 6ft and the stretch to the pegs isn't that far. The saddle has bedded in nicely and was surprisingly comfortable. The bike was vibe free at all speeds at both the pegs and bars.

The performance was adequate but on the limit on the motorways and I saw a GPS speed of 75mph on a flat section of the M1 but I think a 1 tooth bigger front sprocket would help as it had more rpm to give but not enough pull to use it. Once on the D roads in France the performance was perfect for touring at the speed limit with a little in reserve. Handling was pretty good as well and strangely better when loaded up.

I really enjoyed touring on this bike and can see a trip to Scotland in our future together and maybe over the water again as well. She gave a "rawness" to the trip that is somehow missing on the S10 without being a chore to ride. It is hard to express in words but I can recommend you give it a try.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Cool, any photos of your trip?
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

A few on the thread "we're off" with a bit of detail of the trip. Sorry about not posing a link.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
mad dog

Post by mad dog »

Hi all i just purchased a 250 Herald in December what a great looking bike looks well made and sounds great rides very well its going to be my weekend bike for local rides i still have my Honda transalp for long distance work. The Herald will be getting some mods done in 2017 first mod will be to remove the EGR valve and up jet carb 10% . Herald have done the tyres - brakes - chain sprockets - shocks - oils . Have a happy Christmas and a happy new year.
:cheer:
Old PJ
Tink

Post by Tink »

mad dog wrote:Hi all i just purchased a 250 Herald in December what a great looking bike looks well made and sounds great rides very well its going to be my weekend bike for local rides i still have my Honda transalp for long distance work. The Herald will be getting some mods done in 2017 first mod will be to remove the EGR valve and up jet carb 10% . Herald have done the tyres - brakes - chain sprockets - shocks - oils . Have a happy Christmas and a happy new year.
:cheer:
Heres a link you might like
https://www.facebook.com/groups/854969351270459/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/100647047066281/

Enjoy (thumbs)

Return to β€œBIKES”