The Suzuki DR thread.

The Things We Ride
Brenhden

Re: The Suzuki DR thread.

Post by Brenhden »

boboneleg wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:00 am
In 2015 a dealer in Reading imported five new DR650's and five KLR650's, mine was one of them.

motorbike180629.jpg

I have looked into importing one myself but it's not cost effective and a bit of a ballache. There is a dealer in Salisbury importing some at present but the prices are a bit tasty , the price has dropped on this one now, it was £7995 a couple of months ago.

https://www.americancruiseruk.com/bike/ ... -dr650-se/
[/quote]

I think I saw one on ebay from the US a few weeks back that was £11k! It was a couple of years old.

I missed the boat on those Reading bikes and got in touch with them just after the last one was sold. At the time I didn't realise what a bargain they were. I don't think they enjoyed importing them much as they never did it again.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Thedktor

Post by Thedktor »

boboneleg wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:00 am
In 2015 a dealer in Reading imported five new DR650's and five KLR650's, mine was one of them.
Interesting, I expect they were slightly cheaper then. But at 7k for a 10 year old DR, you have to really want one eh!
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
Thedktor

Post by Thedktor »

I would buy a new DR350 any day, but $6,500 for a 32 year old bike? ha, no chance. And it's not even an electric start version.

I just wish there was a proper lightweight 400cc trail bike available new....
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Evening all,

Anyone know how to find the colour code for a 1995 DR200 Djebel tank. It's purple.

I've just had her repaired and serviced and she is running super sweet so I thought I'd refresh the looks :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I just read, that suzuki do not have a colour code label on the bike/s, its not the vin either ... its in the spare part number.
its the last three digits of a painted part.
a non painted part does not have the last 3 digits. (of 13), (just the 10 digits)

try MSP motorcycle spare parts .. send MSP your VIN and they may find the colour code, apparently.

www.motorcyclespareparts.eu
Toe

Post by Toe »

Brenhden wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:58 pm Evening all,

Anyone know how to find the colour code for a 1995 DR200 Djebel tank. It's purple.

I've just had her repaired and serviced and she is running super sweet so I thought I'd refresh the looks :)
Having trouble finding even images of a DR200 Djebel with a purple tank, let alone any parts listings :lol:
The trick is finding the code Suzuki use then getting some sort of conversion to a paint companies colour code (think Dupont, PPG, etc) which you can then usually convert easier or give to a paint shop to convert themselves.
This site seems to have a very comprehensive list but only gives you the name of the colour but with some searching it seems easy enough to find Suzuki's code for that colour. Unfortunately no purple listed for a DR200 though!
https://www.rsbikepaint.com//en-gb/colours.php
garyboy wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:24 pm I just read, that suzuki do not have a colour code label on the bike/s, its not the vin either ... its in the spare part number.
a non painted part does not have the last 3 digits. (of 13), (just the 10 digits)

try MSP motorcycle spare parts .. send MSP your VIN and they may find the colour code, apparently.

I don't know of any motorcycle that has the colour as part of the VIN (in my admittedly limited knowledge).
In my experience with Triumph they certainly don't have it as part of the VIN and (like many manufacturers) have a similar system of coloured parts having a "-AA" appended, and their system makes sense with (for example) all greys starting "-L"!
DRZ 400 Daytona 675 | BEL ESP FRA GBR
KHM IDN LAO MMR PHL THA VNM
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Toe wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:45 am
Brenhden wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:58 pm Evening all,

Having trouble finding even images of a DR200 Djebel with a purple tank, let alone any parts listings :lol:
The trick is finding the code Suzuki use then getting some sort of conversion to a paint companies colour code (think Dupont, PPG, etc) which you can then usually convert easier or give to a paint shop to convert themselves.
This site seems to have a very comprehensive list but only gives you the name of the colour but with some searching it seems easy enough to find Suzuki's code for that colour. Unfortunately no purple listed for a DR200 though!
https://www.rsbikepaint.com//en-gb/colours.php
garyboy wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:24 pm I just read, that suzuki do not have a colour code label on the bike/s, its not the vin either ... its in the spare part number.

I don't know of any motorcycle that has the colour as part of the VIN (in my admittedly limited knowledge).
In my experience with Triumph they certainly don't have it as part of the VIN and (like many manufacturers) have a similar system of coloured parts having a "-AA" appended, and their system makes sense with (for example) all greys starting "-L"!
Last edited by garyboy on Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

just looked at MSP .. they dont seem to have info on the DR200 .. iirc it was an import .. possibly from Japan ?? (probably USA market?).. i will look.
. if it were for a DR350 of the same year the colour code would be 28x :D
its 28X also for the 125SE.
Last edited by garyboy on Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Return to “BIKES”