Yamaha xt660z Tenere

The Things We Ride
Marco46

Yamaha xt660z Tenere

Post by Marco46 »

Advice needed here....
I love the look of the Xt660z Tenere....However, being a bit of a shorta#@e, a standard bike is way too tall for me. Dealer has said to me that there are plenty of lowering kits around, but I worry about messing up the handling of the bike etc... Being 5ft 8 with an inside leg of 29 inches.
I use my bike every day into London (A41 grrrrrr). Should I knock this idea on the head and go for plan B which is a Yamaha FZ8 ???
Marco
APD_660Ten

Re: Yamaha xt660z Tenere

Post by APD_660Ten »

Blimey! Xtz or fz! Big difference. Have you ridden one yet. If you're spending your days on the road and not going off-road the fz will be better for you. If you want to venture off piste then the xt. Comes down to what you want to do.

I've had the fz1 and have a xtz. Love my little tenere and fz was a hoot but massively different.
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Marco46 wrote:Advice needed here....
I love the look of the Xt660z Tenere....However, being a bit of a shorta#@e, a standard bike is way too tall for me. Dealer has said to me that there are plenty of lowering kits around, but I worry about messing up the handling of the bike etc... Being 5ft 8 with an inside leg of 29 inches.
I use my bike every day into London (A41 grrrrrr). Should I knock this idea on the head and go for plan B which is a Yamaha FZ8 ???
Marco
Don't worry. I also have a 29 inch inside leg and a Tenere. I fitted the rear 25mm lowering kit. I can now get both feet on the ground just fine and the handling has not changed a bit.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Marco46

Post by Marco46 »

Yeah I know....odd choice. Not planning on doing any off road, just love the look of the Tenere. The fz8 is the a alternative choice to every day commute and the odd run to France(£5000 budget)..
Marco46

Post by Marco46 »

Your not anywhere near North London are you??
Tenere Mart

Post by Tenere Mart »

The lower kit wont afect the handing .. makes it safer to for a short person , Tenere is a versitle bike for 2 up riding in urban city , country road anywhere . Easy control chiiled bike .
I know the bike its neat little 660 , 23 L tank 240 - 260 miles I get 54miles to the gallon anyway ...
The Tenere has been around the world so france for the bike is a walk in the park . (thumbs)
MART

Return to “BIKES”