HONLEY 250 VENTURER

The Things We Ride
lmac

Re: HONLEY 250 VENTURER

Post by lmac »

Like it.
I bought a very similar thing (CB500) for a second/winter bike earlier on this year, great bike.

Just looking round now for reasonable priced rack and panniers for a bit of off season camping :) .
stevewatkin

Post by stevewatkin »

Got a Givi Mono rack and plate for sale that came off the CB500 when it arrived £65 if that is any good. Won't take panniers but will take a big Monokey top box. Then perhaps with some throw-over panniers you will have all the capacity you need !
Honda CB500 (1997)

Honda CG125 (1996)

Honda C90 (2001)

Orpington, UK.
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

Angel wrote:Hi all,
If anyone wants to take a close look at one near Wisbech we will have stock from Friday 22/08/2014.

Don't know if the link will work, but I run F2 Motorcycles Ltd and they are on the motorcycle page. Slightly lower price than in MCN. £3195 O.T.R.
The Honley 250 looks very good , but i think the chinese are still behind in build quality , but i remember how once people laughed at japanese and have look who is laughing now . I am confident that the chinese bikes and cars are about to catch up with the rest of the world .( soon )

Angel what is the Jawa like to ride ? Have they left the yamaha engine untouched ?
nathanthepostman

Post by nathanthepostman »

A lot of bike for the money there Steve. Looks great.

Was dropping the Honley we've had on test back off at Earnshaws today and was told the price has gone down to £2,999 plus OTR costs. Definitely needed it.

We're doing a full write up in the next issue but it did make it along Rudland Rigg up in North Yorkshire alright. Crashes well too.

Angel

Post by Angel »

Angel what is the Jawa like to ride ? Have they left the yamaha engine untouched ?
The Jawa is very good to ride. As standard with the sporty road tyres it is a fine road bike. With the TKC 80 tyres it look so cool, but I have to say they feel a little remote and a bit floaty above 75 mph. The Minarelli engine is in the same state of tune as the Yamaha complete with Yamaha efi. Strangely it produces slightly more power which I can only assume is the Jawa exhaust. I know the power figures are spot on as they are tested by the EU type approval testing house (they don't lie). Obviously this bike is much more road focused than the Yamaha range, but with the right tyres and a better rider than me I'm sure it could deal with mild off road use. Not sure if the gearing is the same as Yamaha, but it turns over at just a little under 5000 rpm at 75 mph. I find it very comfortable on the road. Did the 200 mile trip back from Salisbury in 3.5 hours using mainly A-roads.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

£3k is a good price for the Honley but its not quite what I want, I hope they sell well.

I think that Jawa was the coolest looking bike at the rally (except for my DR obviously). We notices that there was about an inch at the top of the front shocks, could you make the front a bit taller? I'm guessing there isn't a 21" front option but would it be that difficult to upgrade?
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Angel

Post by Angel »

Brenhden wrote:£3k is a good price for the Honley but its not quite what I want, I hope they sell well.

I think that Jawa was the coolest looking bike at the rally (except for my DR obviously). We notices that there was about an inch at the top of the front shocks, could you make the front a bit taller? I'm guessing there isn't a 21" front option but would it be that difficult to upgrade?
Thanks Brenhden, The forks could be pushed level with the top yoke, I have not tried this so can not say what it would do to the geometry as a road bike. I do not offer a larger front wheel. It is really a road focused bike and the 17 inch wheels give a good choice of very sticky road tyres. Jawa have not tried to recreate the XT, they have made something different. I guess you could have the original hub laced to a 21 inch rim. David
Elle

Post by Elle »

nathanthepostman wrote: We're doing a full write up in the next issue but it did make it along Rudland Rigg up in North Yorkshire alright. Crashes well too.
Did you crash on the steps at the end? Tricky that, I've seen several riders go down - I chickened out and someone else walked it down for me :blush:
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
nathanthepostman

Post by nathanthepostman »

Yeah got caught out by the steps. Needed to dab a foot but there was no ground beneath so down we went. Expected bad things. Fortunately just wing mirror and scuffed crash bars. Those 'wings' at the front of the panniers are a great invention. They protrude just a bit further than the pannier so take all the impact. Great trail though and I didn't realise just how out in the wilderness you are when you emerge at the other end. I took the road down to Whitby then on to Scarborough. Beautiful countryside around there.
artic fox

Post by artic fox »

Went to (Angels) F2 motorcycles today to try out the new Honley as I had seen the prototype at Earnshaws but it was to tall for me, I was really looking forward to this bike as it only has a 795 seat height but unfortunately it was still to tall due to the seat being wide, I was only just able to get tip toed on it, shame really as it's a lovely looking bike and seems very robust in build, I would say this to all you nah sayers, get along to your nearest dealer and have a look first, if I could of reached the floor on it then Angel would of had a sale there and then, not only because the bike looked that good but a lot is to be said for the dealer (Angel) he stands in very high regard on other web sites and I've dealt with him before and if he puts his faith in it, then that's good enough for me.
Peter

Return to “BIKES”